ReadyLIFT 4" SST on 2019 Silverado RST

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Rob41 said:

I have seen a lot of level kits and 6" lifts in the forum but haven't seen any T1's with the ReadyLIFT 4" SST yet so here's my RST.  :)

I wanted to fit 35" on my T1 but didn't want as much empty space above the tires that a 6" lift has.  I read good things about the SST kit in terms of quality which is there, and being a much simpler install that can be reverted back to stock is a plus too.  Given that the front diff is narrower and the front axles are much longer than on 18 and below models, this 4" kit should do the trick with It's upper control arms to correct the geometry.

Although there wasn't supposed to be any rubbing it was slight but it was there in the front.  In the back of the wheel well, I just removed the bracket behind the mud flap and I've got about an inch of clearance now.  On the front of the front wheel well it very slightly came into contact with the felt liner.  I just drilled a small hole in the liner where it made contact and used zip ties to pull it forward.  Lots of extra room now without any trimming at all.

Also, the space between the back of the wheels and the brake caliper rib there is almost an inch of space.

This it what I've installed so far:

1. ReadyLIFT 4" SST lift kit

2. Fuel Vandal 20x9+1

3. Nitto Ridge Grapplers  35.12 x 11.77  (295/65R20)

4. Gatortrax retractable tonneau

5. OEM Wheelhouse liners

6. Removed "Silverado" from fender and added Black and Chrome Z71

7. Installed quality Stubby antenna

I think I'm part of a small group of people here that drives on a dirt road daily so the truck insn't clean in the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

That looks fantastic!  I'll be lifting my Trail Boss another 2 inches with an SST lift kit soon and after seeing your truck I'm even more excited!

very nice, cant stand wheels bulging out of wheel wells and makes no sense, also I like sidewall on 4x4 vehicle. low profile off road tires is another that makes no sense......what suspension are you running?

to me getting excellent struts and shocks are most important.....I wont go that high cuz I have to work out of back of mine daily but love how proportionate everything looks on your truck, nothing looks odd or awkward

Edited by Dunn

On 8/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Rob41 said:

I have seen a lot of level kits and 6" lifts in the forum but haven't seen any T1's with the ReadyLIFT 4" SST yet so here's my RST.  :)

I wanted to fit 35" on my T1 but didn't want as much empty space above the tires that a 6" lift has.  I read good things about the SST kit in terms of quality which is there, and being a much simpler install that can be reverted back to stock is a plus too.  Given that the front diff is narrower and the front axles are much longer than on 18 and below models, this 4" kit should do the trick with It's upper control arms to correct the geometry.

Although there wasn't supposed to be any rubbing it was slight but it was there in the front.  In the back of the wheel well, I just removed the bracket behind the mud flap and I've got about an inch of clearance now.  On the front of the front wheel well it very slightly came into contact with the felt liner.  I just drilled a small hole in the liner where it made contact and used zip ties to pull it forward.  Lots of extra room now without any trimming at all.

Also, the space between the back of the wheels and the brake caliper rib there is almost an inch of space.

This it what I've installed so far:

1. ReadyLIFT 4" SST lift kit

2. Fuel Vandal 20x9+1

3. Nitto Ridge Grapplers  35.12 x 11.77  (295/65R20)

4. Gatortrax retractable tonneau

5. OEM Wheelhouse liners

6. Removed "Silverado" from fender and added Black and Chrome Z71

7. Installed quality Stubby antenna

I think I'm part of a small group of people here that drives on a dirt road daily so the truck insn't clean in the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Any issues using the shock extenders? Or did you upgrade your rear shocks?

just got my 4" Readylift installed and it looks perfect.  got a couple more small mods in the works but will be posting my first pictures on here soon.

i initially bought 295/65/20 nitto trail grapplers (35.47" x 12.13") but they just wouldn't fit.  ended up switching to ridge grapplers instead which are about 3/8" narrower in that size.  i'm running the factory 20" wheels so it's been a bit more problematic than an aftermarket wheel would be. 

FYI for those out there considering using the factory 20's with this lift kit and 295/65/20's you WILL require a 1/4" spacer in the front only.  the tires will touch the UCA when the truck is in the air but once it's on the ground you should have ~3/16" to 1/4" gap.   very slight rub on the felt liner but only at full lock.

you can run wider tires with this lift + factory wheels, but it'll require bigger spacers and trimming your lugs or lug nuts.  my advise is get some aftermarket wheels if your budget will allow it.

Edited by Shoguns80
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, Shoguns80 said:

just got my 4" Readylift installed and it looks perfect.  got a couple more small mods in the works but will be posting my first pictures on here soon.

i initially bought 295/65/20 nitto trail grapplers (35.47" x 12.13") but they just wouldn't fit.  ended up switching to ridge grapplers instead which are about 3/8" narrower in that size.  i'm running the factory 20" wheels so it's been a bit more problematic than an aftermarket wheel would be. 

FYI for those out there considering using the factory 20's with this lift kit and 295/65/20's you WILL require a 1/4" spacer in the front only.  the tires will touch the UCA when the truck is in the air but once it's on the ground you should have ~3/16" to 1/4" gap.   very slight rub on the felt liner but only at full lock.

you can run wider tires with this lift + factory wheels, but it'll require bigger spacers and trimming your lugs or lug nuts.  my advise is get some aftermarket wheels if your budget will allow it.

And here she is....

F50D294E-FD12-4301-A1D1-2247BBD1660E.jpeg

9A0E5CE7-ECD2-4CA8-B2EC-0C4AE2EB89E0.jpeg

• Like 3