ReadyLIFT 4" SST on 2019 Silverado RST

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:23 PM, Rob41 said:

I have seen a lot of level kits and 6" lifts in the forum but haven't seen any T1's with the ReadyLIFT 4" SST yet so here's my RST.  :)

I wanted to fit 35" on my T1 but didn't want as much empty space above the tires that a 6" lift has.  I read good things about the SST kit in terms of quality which is there, and being a much simpler install that can be reverted back to stock is a plus too.  Given that the front diff is narrower and the front axles are much longer than on 18 and below models, this 4" kit should do the trick with It's upper control arms to correct the geometry.

Although there wasn't supposed to be any rubbing it was slight but it was there in the front.  In the back of the wheel well, I just removed the bracket behind the mud flap and I've got about an inch of clearance now.  On the front of the front wheel well it very slightly came into contact with the felt liner.  I just drilled a small hole in the liner where it made contact and used zip ties to pull it forward.  Lots of extra room now without any trimming at all.

Also, the space between the back of the wheels and the brake caliper rib there is almost an inch of space.

This it what I've installed so far:

1. ReadyLIFT 4" SST lift kit

2. Fuel Vandal 20x9+1

3. Nitto Ridge Grapplers  35.12 x 11.77  (295/65R20)

4. Gatortrax retractable tonneau

5. OEM Wheelhouse liners

6. Removed "Silverado" from fender and added Black and Chrome Z71

7. Installed quality Stubby antenna

I think I'm part of a small group of people here that drives on a dirt road daily so the truck insn't clean in the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Beautiful truck... great Job! How hard was it to remove the bracket attached to the frame behind the Mud flap?

2019 Trail Boss with Ready Lift 2" SST Lift Kit (4" total)

SCA Fender Flares

Fuel Assault Rims 20X10 -18

BF Goodrich KO2 305/55/20 (33.21")

No Rub Want 35's

Eye Catcher Tailgate Insert Letters

Blacked out letters

20200130_Pic 1.jpg

20200130_Pic 3.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Your truck looks great.

I am looking at the same kit for my 2019 GMC Sierra 1500.  I would like to stick with the stock wheels which are 20 x 9 with +28mm offset.  Tires are BFG 275/60/R20.  I am battling to find out if the replacement upper control arms will clear the tires.  I have a 21mm clearance at the moment between the stock UCA and the tire.

I have not managed to get a helpful answer from Readylift as they keep stating the maximum tire on a 20 x 9 zero offset.

Anybody out there running this kit on stock tires and rims?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all. New to the forum. Proud owner of 2019 LT Z71 and a long time GM Truck driver. Running a sub 6" lift has been on the agenda prior to even picking the truck up and I am just about ready to pull the plug. I love ReadyLift products and have had positive experience with them in the past however.... I cant for the life of me find any solid pictures of the CV angles running this 4 inch SST kit. I assume the UCA's correct the Ball Joint angles which is great, but 4" of spacer lift with no Diff drop scares me a bit. Ive seen 3" kits that had terrible angles and am hoping the NBS longer axles and narrower diff helps with this. Could one of you guys running this kit (Non- Trail Boss) please post a few shots of those angles? Btw...All of the trucks above are sitting real pretty and the stance/height is exactly what i'm going for. I will most likely keep the tire size 33"x 11.5" up to 34" on 20x9 or 10 XD820 Grenades. I don't want more than 1" outside the fenders and already know i will need at least 1/2" spacers for fitment. Those CV angle pictures would really help out! Thanks in advance!

On 11/5/2019 at 3:57 AM, Georgiagator said:

Went with a zone 4 inch and 35x12.50 on 20x9 with +18 offset 

zero rubbing, zero trimming

348F19A5-3A03-4061-B053-A919F79BB08D.jpeg

B88D5A47-2679-4160-B16A-0062C4F67745.jpeg

1D688639-F2F8-4DE4-9164-57F3A1A08DE9.jpeg

Is this the Zone 3.5" adventure series or the 4" true suspension lift?

On 5/4/2020 at 7:19 AM, MRP said:

Your truck looks great.

I am looking at the same kit for my 2019 GMC Sierra 1500.  I would like to stick with the stock wheels which are 20 x 9 with +28mm offset.  Tires are BFG 275/60/R20.  I am battling to find out if the replacement upper control arms will clear the tires.  I have a 21mm clearance at the moment between the stock UCA and the tire.

I have not managed to get a helpful answer from Readylift as they keep stating the maximum tire on a 20 x 9 zero offset.

Anybody out there running this kit on stock tires and rims?

I have the ready lift SST kit on my 2019 AT4 - worked fine with stock 18" wheels and 275/65/18 Duratrak's - here are photos of truck with stock wheels and clearance on SST UCA with that set up.

610637760_LeveledTruck.thumb.jpg.f78160af86ffe0dc95d36b2da9fe85d6.jpgIMG_8828.thumb.JPG.4eea0193c4acb8c3ede59614fa68c684.JPG

Edited by Supercup

Thanks for the feedback and pics Supercup.  That is the leveling effect that I am looking for.  With my factory 20" wheels, my tire would sit another 8mm (1/3 of and inch) closer to the upper control arm than yours.  Do you recon it would still clear the UCA?

16 hours ago, Supercup said:

I have the ready lift SST kit on my 2019 AT4 - worked fine with stock 18" wheels and 275/65/18 Duratrak's - here are photos of truck with stock wheels and clearance on SST UCA with that set up.

610637760_LeveledTruck.thumb.jpg.f78160af86ffe0dc95d36b2da9fe85d6.jpgIMG_8828.thumb.JPG.4eea0193c4acb8c3ede59614fa68c684.JPG

On 5/23/2020 at 9:18 PM, ChevroRado said:

Hey all. New to the forum. Proud owner of 2019 LT Z71 and a long time GM Truck driver. Running a sub 6" lift has been on the agenda prior to even picking the truck up and I am just about ready to pull the plug. I love ReadyLift products and have had positive experience with them in the past however.... I cant for the life of me find any solid pictures of the CV angles running this 4 inch SST kit. I assume the UCA's correct the Ball Joint angles which is great, but 4" of spacer lift with no Diff drop scares me a bit. Ive seen 3" kits that had terrible angles and am hoping the NBS longer axles and narrower diff helps with this. Could one of you guys running this kit (Non- Trail Boss) please post a few shots of those angles? Btw...All of the trucks above are sitting real pretty and the stance/height is exactly what i'm going for. I will most likely keep the tire size 33"x 11.5" up to 34" on 20x9 or 10 XD820 Grenades. I don't want more than 1" outside the fenders and already know i will need at least 1/2" spacers for fitment. Those CV angle pictures would really help out! Thanks in advance!

What I have done to check this, is once you have measured the existing ride height, jack up the front of the truck using the jack point on the chassis.  Jack up the truck to the new ride height that you want and then check the angle. It is worth noting that the AT4 and Trail Boss models have different front CV axles that can run at higher angles than the standard Silverado and Sierra CV axles.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Supercup said:

Thanks for posting those pics! Do you have any plans to go with a larger tire down the road? How big do you think you could go on the stock 18's?

I now have Method NV 18" x 9" wheels with 18/5.75" (offset/spacing) -  (part number MR30589060518) - so this photo is not with stock 18" wheels - but there is about 3/4" of space left - so that is the room left to play with.  Offset at 18MM for my Methods is 8MM less than stock 18's (26mm) - so at 0.7" vs 1.02" stock (positive offset) - that would suggest my Method wheel puts the tire 0.3" further from the the UCA.  Looks like stock 18"s are 26MM offset and stock 20's are 28MM offset (not sure about either, but what I found on net).   

Ready Lift sight shows for kit - you can fit - AT4 - Max tire 305/55-20, 20x9 0 offset wheel- the zero offset should move the tire 1.1" further out from UCA than a stock 20" if my math is right so that would give you less room to play with a stock 20" wheel over a zero offset wheel - if a 305 is 12" across and a 275 is 11 inches across they would have the same clearance to the UCA on a zero offset and stock offste (28MM) 20" wheel.

Lot of factors in play - with a stock 20" I tihnk you will be limited to tires that are 275-285 in width (11" section width).  If you go on tire rack and look up tire by size you are interested in, they will have a spec option tab you can click on where you can see the diameter, width etc.   Here are widths for K02 and Duratrak 

Goodyear

For Example:              K02                    Duratrak

275/65/20                10.9"                   11"

285/65/20              11.5"                   11.5"

305/55/20              12.4"                   12.4"

Since I have about 3/4" of space from my tire to my UCA with 18mm of offset - I could go up from 275 @ 11" Duratrak or K02 to a 285 at 11.5" and still have 1/4" of space to UCA with my Methods - with my stock wheels I would be about 0.30" closer - so about 1/2" of space - so going to 285's would put the tires very close to the UCA's.  So all about the offset of the wheel or adding a spacer to move the wheel out, to give more room for a bigger tire.  Then you have to shift your focus to overall diameter, to see about rubbing of the larger tire - and what you will havt to trim, if anyting.  

Example Tire Rac K02 Spec Sheet :

BFG K02: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain+T%2FA+KO2&partnum=865SR0KO2V2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

UCA GAP.JPG

Hero-2-for-Wheel-Offset-vs-Wheel-Backspacing-Explained.webp

Edited by Supercup

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Rob41 said:

I have seen a lot of level kits and 6" lifts in the forum but haven't seen any T1's with the ReadyLIFT 4" SST yet so here's my RST.  :)

I wanted to fit 35" on my T1 but didn't want as much empty space above the tires that a 6" lift has.  I read good things about the SST kit in terms of quality which is there, and being a much simpler install that can be reverted back to stock is a plus too.  Given that the front diff is narrower and the front axles are much longer than on 18 and below models, this 4" kit should do the trick with It's upper control arms to correct the geometry.

Although there wasn't supposed to be any rubbing it was slight but it was there in the front.  In the back of the wheel well, I just removed the bracket behind the mud flap and I've got about an inch of clearance now.  On the front of the front wheel well it very slightly came into contact with the felt liner.  I just drilled a small hole in the liner where it made contact and used zip ties to pull it forward.  Lots of extra room now without any trimming at all.

Also, the space between the back of the wheels and the brake caliper rib there is almost an inch of space.

This it what I've installed so far:

1. ReadyLIFT 4" SST lift kit

2. Fuel Vandal 20x9+1

3. Nitto Ridge Grapplers  35.12 x 11.77  (295/65R20)

4. Gatortrax retractable tonneau

5. OEM Wheelhouse liners

6. Removed "Silverado" from fender and added Black and Chrome Z71

7. Installed quality Stubby antenna

I think I'm part of a small group of people here that drives on a dirt road daily so the truck insn't clean in the pics.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

what is your roof height?