2019 Silverado LT is really bouncy

1 hour ago, Limelight said:

Because it’s all subjective. What’s bouncy to some is not bouncy to others. 

I think my truck rides pretty good - my wife disagrees. 

Mine rides very well indeed. I haven't found anyone that has rode in it to say different either. 

And, that's some Ford people to lol.

• 9 months later...

I bought and waited over month to receive my Carbon Pro AT4 6.2. To make a long story short, my daughter threw up when she was riding in the back. ? I had numerous other trucks and this is the first time. I don’t feel confident because the truck bounces so much like riding a boat. My Denali dually actually rides and handles better.

Edited by Jerry Sung

On 8/8/2019 at 3:14 AM, Michael Gardner said:

All, I really need your help. I am reading your experiences and I can relate where some people are not halo with the new 2019 Silverado ride quality. I am miserable in my 2019 Silverado LT. It is very bouncy. I was thinking to upgrade to the Trailboss or LTZ for a better suspension and ride quality and now I don’t know. I have taken my truck to the dealership twice and they say nothing is wrong with it. Can anyone tell me if the suspension is better in the higher trim levels than then LT?

It’s a truck not a car. Depending on the road it may or not be bouncy. The trail boss is going to be firmer. I don’t believe the LTZ has any different of a suspension. Different wheel size and tires yes.

• Like 1

I came from a 2017 Colorado and that’s the one thing I hated it was bouncy some bumps would even cause the rear end to hop. My 2019 Silverado double cab LT to me is very smooth and not bouncy at all. But that’s my opinion of it also the longer wheel base feels like the ass end doesn’t wanna come around on you because there’s a little water on the road. 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Jerry Sung said:

I bought and waited over month to receive my Carbon Pro AT4 6.2. To make a long story short, my daughter threw up when she was riding in the back. ? I had numerous other trucks and this is the first time. I don’t feel confident because the truck bounces so much like riding a boat. My Denali dually actually rides and handles better.

LOL don't disagree, but it's the $hitty struts/shocks/springs. Easy fix. Go buy some Fox, King or Bilstein struts and springs. 

They are trying to appeal to the masses as most people like the softer/rolly ride. You want more of a planted truck off-road ride. It's as simple as changing the struts/shocks/springs. That will give you what you are looking for. You can change the whole thing for less than $500... All vehicle manufacturers put inherently garbage suspension parts on the vehicles to cut cost unless it is some special edition off-road version... Sucks but it is what it is...

On 7/6/2020 at 12:50 PM, superhighsierra said:

LOL don't disagree, but it's the $hitty struts/shocks/springs. Easy fix. Go buy some Fox, King or Bilstein struts and springs. 

They are trying to appeal to the masses as most people like the softer/rolly ride. You want more of a planted truck off-road ride. It's as simple as changing the struts/shocks/springs. That will give you what you are looking for. You can change the whole thing for less than $500... All vehicle manufacturers put inherently garbage suspension parts on the vehicles to cut cost unless it is some special edition off-road version... Sucks but it is what it is...

+1, the factory rear shocks in my 2019 Sierra were terrible on most surfaces. The ride was nice on smooth highways at 60+mph but horrible on imperfect roads especially at low speeds.

Installed new Bilstein 5100s in the rear a few weeks ago, and the situation is much improved. I'll probably end up doing the fronts as soon as Bilstein releases them.  

After 10K miles on my 2019 RST with Z71 Ranchos, I have to admit that the shocks have "settled in" and improved a lot. The harsh bounciness of the rear is not as bad as it was at the beginning. I've also adjusted my operating tire pressures down some, which has helped. 

The bounciness of the front end is now much more noticeable to me than the rear. But I'm going to remedy that soon enough with either Eibach or Bilstein leveling shocks. ??