2019 Silverado LT is really bouncy

1 hour ago, Cohocarl said:

Which tire/wheel combo did you get?  Maybe your salesman could let you take a similar truck with a different tire/wheel combo for a ride.  Tires alone can make a hell of a difference.

My LT Z71's ride is fairly decent, and is MUCH firmer ride than the '19 ram I test drove.  The ram seemed to be very "boaty".

Hope you get it sorted out.

Yeah, I am really impressed with my LT Z71

for the lack of body roll she has.

Was also noticing tonight how smooth she has gotten. I have a little over 1,800 miles.

And, from what I understand, only gonna get better. 

I’ve got a LT Z71 as a loaner and the first few bumps on the road and highway I noticed that it rides.a lot more harsh than my HC, but I have no idea what the tire pressure it, I’ll check that tomorrow. 

So I will share my experience and maybe it'll help.

My TB started getting really bumpy after about 500 miles. I also had a constant vibration in my drivers seat. 

Took it to my dealership and they said all 4 tires were not properly balanced from the factory. They did road force on all 4 tires. It helped a bit, but still had the bumpy feeling and vibration. 

What I did was I took my truck to shop that only deals with alignments and tires, and they specialize in big tires and lifted trucks. These guys are pros.

He threw it on the machine and the machine immediately identified a problem with 3 out of the 4. Essentially, they all had defects. Some had excessive side to side vibration AND up and down vibration. Some had just side to side.

What the tech told me is that all 3 were out of round and the tires need to be replaced. 

When I am driving and I'm around the 35mph area, the rear starts jumping like crazy and the tech said this is because they are out of round.

My next step is to now to go the dealership and have then give me 3 new tires. I have a report from the shop so hopefully this helps.

The tech also added weight to some of the tires and it definitely helped. So this definitely tells me it's a tire issue.

So what I am thinking, is have your tires checked out. Also, a quick diagnostic for you, move the front tires to the rear and see if it helps at all. If it does, then its the tires. 

Edited by Sin City Trail Boss

I was wrong, I have a RST Z71, the ride over bumps is a bit uneasy compared to my HC, it does feel like it wants to walk out. I've only put 30 miles on it but I miss my HC already. 

I lowered the air pressure in my tires and it’s helped a bit but I’m running 315/70/17 6 ply BFG ko2
When air pressure was at 40-42 it was bouncy but not stiff
Currently running them at 37ish and it’s a lot better
This weekend I’ll be lowering them to 35 and see what that does.

I am running each pressure a week long

This is helping my issue but ultimately shocks will be replaced soon enough

I have a 19 Lt and it’s definitely bouncy. On certain parts of the freeway it feels like I’m in my boat riding the waves. Few times I hit a pothole and the back end would jump to the side. 

I recently installed a lift with fox rear shocks, the ride is so much better in the rear but the front is still the same since It’s still running the factory strut just with a spacer. 

Ed

I will say that while going thru Richmond Virginia, part of that freeway is pretty - well, I don't want to say rough per say, but not the best interstate I've ever saw either. That being said, there was one time that my 19 really got bouncy- or what I should say is we hit a like a big dip and she went up and down pretty good, but I noticed other vehicles having the same problem. I'm pretty sure that was I-85.

But, that's the only time. From I-40 almost half way across the state of North Carolina and I-64 from Charlottesville Va to Bristol Tennessee, she drove like a dream. 

So, full disclosure I am reporting that.

6 hours ago, Eds240z06 said:

...Few times I hit a pothole and the back end would jump to the side...

I went from a '15 Camaro w/ Eibach sway bars to an '18 Jeep 2dr JL  (which I traded in on my '19 LT Z71).  

The Wrangler's handling was comical...if not dangerous.  

• Like 1

I remember about a decade ago on the titan forum, it was a thing to put helper springs on upside down to improve rear stability. By putting them on top, it really took out all the lateral slack. It works - quite a significant improvement for not much money at all...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I have a ‘19 LT Z71 with about 2500 miles. I thought it was a little bouncy too but not excessively. I kind of liked the soft ride except when taking turns at higher speeds. 

The truck came with 18” wheels and the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude “off road” tires (still upset that GM marketed these all-season tires as off-road). I felt the sidewalls on these tires were pretty soft, contributing to the bounce.

Since I wanted 20” RST wheels, I figured I’d change the tire brand too. Went with Continental TerrainContact 275/60/20 and the truck rides firmer without the bounce. The handling on corners is much improved as well probably due to the stiffer sidewalls. Only slightly harsher ride on rough roads, almost not enough to notice a difference.

10 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

I have a ‘19 LT Z71 with about 2500 miles. I thought it was a little bouncy too but not excessively. I kind of liked the soft ride except when taking turns at higher speeds. 

The truck came with 18” wheels and the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude “off road” tires (still upset that GM marketed these all-season tires as off-road). I felt the sidewalls on these tires were pretty soft, contributing to the bounce.

Since I wanted 20” RST wheels, I figured I’d change the tire brand too. Went with Continental TerrainContact 275/60/20 and the truck rides firmer without the bounce. The handling on corners is much improved as well probably due to the stiffer sidewalls. Only slightly harsher ride on rough roads, almost not enough to notice a difference.

Would you care to share a pic?

I have an LT Z71 too. 

I'm happy with the tires, just wandering what she would look like with 20's

Thank you

8 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Would you care to share a pic?

I have an LT Z71 too. 

I'm happy with the tires, just wandering what she would look like with 20's

Thank you

I’ll take some today and post later. Have to wash the truck this afternoon anyway. 

I really like like the way the wheel/tire combo looks on my truck. Huge improvement IMHO.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Z06JPB said:

I’ll take some today and post later. Have to wash the truck this afternoon anyway. 

I really like like the way the wheel/tire combo looks on my truck. Huge improvement IMHO.

Cool!

Thank you.