Onyx Black or Red Quartz AT4

Just placed my order for a 2020 AT4, and i ordered the Red Quartz, but i'm having second thoughts on the color, and thinking about changing it to Black.

Anyone else have 2nd thoughts, or absolutely love the red over the black? I've only owned black vehicles so i'm not sure if changing is going to be for me.. but who knows.

What do you guys think? What made you guys choose the color you did?

Feel free to share pics of your Onyx or Quartz, I'd love to see some REAL photos versus the stock GMC ones they want you to see.

Not a good question to ask on a forum.You will get all kinds of answers. Your truck that you are paying big bucks for so you should decide what color you will be happy with. I would go to the dealer and look at the red in the sunlight and then the evening hour and even dark just to make sure. You already know what the black looks like in all different lighting conditions. Good luck.

I've owned several black trucks and when black is clean and waxed, nothing out shines it and has a "piano like" look but, I think I'd go with Red Quartz. It's loaded with metallic and just pops in the sun. I was torn between Northsky Blue Metallic, Cajun Red Tintcoat (RedQuartz) and Onyx. I went with Northsky Blue with Cajun Red a very close 2nd followed by Onyx but would've been happy with any of the 3 colors. Good luck.

• Like 2

I had was lined up to replace my 2016 red quartz with a new one same color but when I looked closer I noticed for 2019 it appeared to have changed. Looks more like a faded raspberry color in the sun. So I went for the Blue. I’m hoping they bring back a deep red or dark red for next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a black AT4, I bought it off the lot my 2014 had issues, I had a choice of black or white. Especially if you get black think about getting it ceramic coated. This is my fourth black truck only one I have every been able to keep clean. Lots of pictures in the gallery. 

2 hours ago, Chris Ocean said:

Just placed my order for a 2020 AT4, and i ordered the Red Quartz, but i'm having second thoughts on the color, and thinking about changing it to Black.

I totally feel your pain! ?  I've owned many new vehicles but never had the confidence to factory order.  I don't think I could ever get past the part where you have to decide on colour!  I have owned both black and red trucks. (multiples of both).  If two otherwise equally equipped 2020 AT4's were on the lot,  I'd choose the red.

Last two vehicles before the truck were black...Never again!  Wait, I said that before but once again money was cheaper on the black so I went black.  Hated every second of it too...So made sure the Next one would be White.  Anyway, I would go with the red!

I went Onyx black myself.  Had 2 dark blues before this and didn't like the "lighter" blue that the 2019 had.  Didn't pop for me in person but the black did.  That being said, there's a reason they keep making black, blue, red, silver, white.  All of them sell very well and it's ultimately personal preference.

I chose red because after over 3 dozen vehicles....this was the first red and the flat black sports bar matches all the other black trim.....makes the trim  and wheels pop.......on older '16 the metallic grey sports bar matched the body, and trim made it look like one big smudge of color.

DSCN0579.JPG

DSCN0589.JPG

• Like 1

I vote For the Red. Black is pretty when clean but too much washing for me. I try to stay with Silver but this time went with the Satin Steel which I love.

Before I ordered my truck my wife and I walked a huge lot with over 200 trucks in Texas and we both commented that the best looking truck on the lot was the Cajun Red Trail Boss.

I am 67 and my dad is 89 so I stayed away from a lifted truck.

Good luck with your new truck - you will love it!