Onstar Free for Three Months

Just got an email from Onstar which claims "up to three months" free services.

However upon a closer read it appears to be only 1 month free.  The additional 2 months are free only if you chose a monthly renewing plan within the first 15 days of your trial.

Not sure its worth the hassle. My luck I've missed some fine print and will end up getting charged....

I got that offer last month, but it was a bit more specific to the remote access plan. Probably because I’ve gotten them to give me a free trial of it a few months ago. Just make sure to put it on your calendar and cancel a few days prior. I’ve never had issues with being charged when I’m not supposed to.

8 hours ago, B R A D said:

I avoid gimmicks like that. It's a shame the services are overpriced with exception to the wifi (it's actually a good deal)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I recently added the Wi-Fi plan to my truck since my wife likes to work on long road trips.  It actually is reasonably priced for 'unlimited'.  The rest of OnStar's offerings are just way too overpriced for me.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 6:22 AM, Darmichar said:

I recently added the Wi-Fi plan to my truck since my wife likes to work on long road trips.  It actually is reasonably priced for 'unlimited'.  The rest of OnStar's offerings are just way too overpriced for me.

Im with you. I have the WiFi and that’s it. 

$22 a month For unlimited is okay. 

I really want the remote app but for $15 a month, they can keep it. 

I almost did the 3 month free thing and figured why even bother, I’m NOT paying $15 a month after that, so no need to get used to it. 

Im with you. I have the WiFi and that’s it. 
$22 a month For unlimited is okay. 

I really want the remote app but for $15 a month, they can keep it. 

I almost did the 3 month free thing and figured why even bother, I’m NOT paying $15 a month after that, so no need to get used to it. 

If you haggle they will lower the price to 9.99. I think it’s still too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If you haggle with OnStar you can get the "Remote Access" plan for $99 if you pay for a full year.  After taxes, etc. it comes out to around $8.60 per month. 

I agree it's still probably not worth it though ...