I cant seem a way to figure out how to lock my keys in my AT4 without my doors auto unlocking.  I

do this in my other SUV and use the app to unlock so I cant lose my key.  I do this when I go places like amusement \ water parks so there is no chance I can lose my key and be stuck 100+ miles away.

Anyone know what setting im missing to accomplish this? 

Thanks

I'm not sure on the new ones since the keys are setup as a keyless fob but on the older trucks you could go into the radio and turn off the safety lock that unlocks the door if you have the door open and hit the lock button. I think it's auto unlock or something like that in the radio.

I'm not sure how but it can be done. I will take a look at my settings. I lock the key fob in my truck all of the time. Also a point of interest, GMC has an accessory keypad (a knockoff of Ford's) that I had mounted on my door. ($250 installed at the dealer) that works great so far. You can lock or unlock the truck and therefore the tailgate without the key fob. I lock my keys in the truck all of the time and dont even need a phone to unlock.

• 1 year later...

2021 GMC Sierra 2500

I need to be able to lock both key fobs inside the truck. I had a touch pad installed so I could reenter. 

The electronics will not allow me to lock the fobs inside. I surmise there must be a way to disarm the auto-unlock.

How can I do this?

On 7/19/2021 at 2:52 PM, RVA410 said:

2021 GMC Sierra 2500

I need to be able to lock both key fobs inside the truck. I had a touch pad installed so I could reenter. 

The electronics will not allow me to lock the fobs inside. I surmise there must be a way to disarm the auto-unlock.

How can I do this?

It's on the settings section of your radio

• 1 month later...

Solution: 

I had a GM touchpad lock installed at a cost of $145 plus less than 1 hour labor. Still GM support and the service manager did not know what it would do. 

1. I purchased 2 "Faraday" pouches (9.95) for my fobs and hide them anywhere in the truck or the bed. The truck now does not sense their presence. 

2. I can open the doors with my custom combinastion. I can lock the doors with the touchpad command.

3. The big difference is that if someone enters the truck they cannot start it because the sensor does not know if the fobs are on board or not and the potential thief doesn't know either. 

4. If I have left fobs in the truck I can return from fishing or hiking and get in with combination. 

No one at two dealers nor at GM support knew any of this. If there is a disable command in the radio I could not find it or it would not address an on-board fob. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, patischof said:

So, did you manage to accomplish this? I would also like to have this, but I don't know what I need for that. I thought I might need an electrostatic bag. Well, that didn't work. I tried to change some settings in it, still didn't work. I went to the dealer, they told me I should get a newer key that costs almost 1k!

You need the touch number pad for the exterior of the driver's door.  It's available via GM Accessories, and requires the dealership to do a computer programming for the touch pad. 

On 8/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, JerseyMikeAT4 said:

I cant seem a way to figure out how to lock my keys in my AT4 without my doors auto unlocking.  I

do this in my other SUV and use the app to unlock so I cant lose my key.  I do this when I go places like amusement \ water parks so there is no chance I can lose my key and be stuck 100+ miles away.

Anyone know what setting im missing to accomplish this? 

Thanks

get a spare key n put it in your wallet, that's what I did

The easiest non tec way would be to wear it around your neck via a neck chain. I use to keep a spare key on my tailgate post tied to a wire. On one truck I could slide it behind the gas cap lid bracket. So these high tech trucks still have keys? If not then sentence one. 

5 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

Go camping outside of cell range and accidentally close the door with the keys inside while packing up.  Regardless of the owner's manual saying it won't, it's sure-fire way for the vehicle to lock itself for some reason.  Ask me how I know.

I've had that happen too. 

A Faraday bag/pouch is not the same as an electrostatic bag. 

Yes, there are some that serve both functions.

One blocks radio signals, the other prevents damage from electrostatic discharge  

https://privacypros.io/faraday-bags/

https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/a/antibag.htm