Hey, i'm new to forums. Not sure how to search for my problem..sorry if a repeat.     

I can't seem to find in the manual and running through all the vehicle settings on 2019 sierra denali.

When i approach the truck with keyfob in my hand, and push the handle button, the lights flash but nothing unlocks.   

There is an option about proximity entry: off/driver door or all doors... I have it on all doors.   

Now the damn thing worked fine for the first 2 months...this stopped working 1 month ago.

Anyone experience this? How to fix?

Jack

6 hours ago, jack napora said:

So i got an answer.... 

You hold the lock and unlock buttons on your fob for 3s..... Truck beeps... And proximity works again...

Strange function.... Not sure what it is about....

I'm just really happy its fixed....

Thank you for the update.  Out of curiosity, from where did that solution come?

On 9/11/2019 at 7:53 AM, jack napora said:

So i got an answer.... 

You hold the lock and unlock buttons on your fob for 3s..... Truck beeps... And proximity works again...

Strange function.... Not sure what it is about....

I'm just really happy its fixed....

This is to prevent a thief from being able to steal your truck with a repeater.

Method works by using a piece of hardware With a Substantial signal boost that picks up the transponder signal from your key, say from inside your home, and retransmits it to the truck allowing the thief to drive it away.

Disabling the passive transmission from the fob (which OP did accidentally) prevents this from happening. But obviously means it won’t work when you walk up to the truck.

Another option to avoid this technique is store your fob in a faraway bag to block the signal. Honestly though, this is something being employed by determined criminals.

• 8 months later...