Key fob help

09 Silverado crew cab 4wd. After programming the key fob it won’t work?? The truck will beep accepting the fob then does nothing. No codes,no check engine light,a few new electric parts (brake and oil switches,cruise control is back but key fob only works to program then nothing. Tpms is working fine reading all 4 tires so I wouldn’t think it’s the receiver. I need  some advice on what to try next? I’m wearing out the only key hole in the truck:)  thanks in advance!!  I just went out and tried the tpms reset with the fob and the horn honked and it went into reset mode,all tpms still good but fob will not lock,unlock,panic or start.zero response from truck unless in some form of programming mode(tpms reset,remote relearn) 

Edited by Draybyrd

I really can't help you on your fob problem, as I dont have an 09, but I have seen plenty of people who complain because they got the wrong fob and couldn't get it to program. Hopefully that isnt your issue.

How many fobs are  you trying to program to the vehicle?  Are there any other vehicles with fobs within 50-100 feet?

It is possible your fob is dead, whether it is the battery or the electronics itself.  Just had one go the other day, the lock button on it quit working.  We keep 5 programmed to the truck so no big deal.

I have 2 and they both respond the same way.the truck will accept them in learn mode then they immediately don’t work. I’ve tested all the buttons on a rf reader they all work and holding lock and unlock on the fob is how it syncs in learn mode. Everything to do with the fobs seems to be working and everything with the receiver seems to be working (tpms,accepting fobs in learn mode) I can’t figure it out!!

3 hours ago, Draybyrd said:

I have 2 and they both respond the same way.the truck will accept them in learn mode then they immediately don’t work. I’ve tested all the buttons on a rf reader they all work and holding lock and unlock on the fob is how it syncs in learn mode. Everything to do with the fobs seems to be working and everything with the receiver seems to be working (tpms,accepting fobs in learn mode) I can’t figure it out!!

Well, if that is the case, it is likely that your Remote Control Door Lock Receiver needs replacing.  A bi-directional scan tool can read BCM codes and would allow for further diagnostic testing.

If you do replace the RCDLR, it will have to be programmed but you may get away with a used one that has the same options as yours.

I just went and pulled the receiver from behind the rear door trim and took it apart it looks fine no water damage or broken solder. I still don’t know how it’ll  sync remotes and read my tire pressure and be bad. A used one with matching numbers is only $25 on eBay so it’s worth $25 to see if that’s the problem. I’ll post back after it gets here with good news or more help. Thanks!!