Trying to drop a groaner at work

HeySkippyDog

8 hours ago, txab said:

I hate the bathrooms that have minimal to no exhaust ventilation. I'd like almost wind tunnel-like conditions after some people have been in there, including me!

Do the high air flow hand dryers count?  Those things blow some air.  I like them, gives me a nice blast of air while I'm dropping the kids off at the pool.

11 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

So...99% of the workforce.  Got it.

I find it incredible that you work in an environment where most of the employees would vent their anger in this manner.  If you truly believe this to be the case, you need to take action to protect yourself.  Vandalism in employee washrooms is usually mitigated by pass/key system along with frequent checks. A hostile/angry workplace such as the one you report to be experiencing is unsafe and requires more than washroom monitoring.  The attention garnered by trashing a washroom will only escalate if the workplace environment is not remedied.  I know that this thread is more about maintaining a sanitary workplace but I think you've opened up a potentially  more dangerous issue worthy of discussion.

The big problem in our office is that there are only 2 stalls for 30+ guys. If you get there at the wrong time, you are waiting which is super awkward or you are walking up to another floor which can sometimes have the same problem.

Couple years ago, we had a co-worker who didn't wash his hands if he didn't think anyone else was in the bathroom. We narrowed it down to who it was and never shake his hand

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Some restaurants don't appear to have separate restrooms for their employees.  My wife recently saw a server going from a stall to the door without stopping to wash her hands. I suspect this was more of a case of ignorance than laziness.    Many years ago I worked in a commercial bakery.  We were clearly instructed in proper hand washing expectations and nobody would have risked skipping a hand wash after using a toilet and expect to have a job the next day!

You guys have to be making most of this up. I didn’t have this in schools growing up. I admit I lived a sheltered life being shelf employed. I did-do have to visit public restrooms and rest stops and still do traveling. People can’t be this inconsiderate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You guys have to be making most of this up. I didn’t have this in schools growing up. I admit I lived a sheltered life being shelf employed. I did-do have to visit public restrooms and rest stops and still do traveling. People can’t be this inconsiderate.

I believe this is mostly happening in the Democrat run states lol!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

People ARE that inconsiderate. Every. Day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Donstar said:

I find it incredible that you work in an environment where most of the employees would vent their anger in this manner.  If you truly believe this to be the case, you need to take action to protect yourself.  Vandalism in employee washrooms is usually mitigated by pass/key system along with frequent checks. A hostile/angry workplace such as the one you report to be experiencing is unsafe and requires more than washroom monitoring.  The attention garnered by trashing a washroom will only escalate if the workplace environment is not remedied.  I know that this thread is more about maintaining a sanitary workplace but I think you've opened up a potentially  more dangerous issue worthy of discussion.

Yeah I don't understand why people are so angry.  I love my job, wouldn't have stayed 14 years and counting if I didn't.  Does the company screw us over?  Sure, just like politicians, the union, and we do to each other.  Keeping track of 1000+ workers between the 4 shifts is too much work.  I protect myself by letting everyone think I'm the guy that will lose his shit and...  Even though when people tell me that "I'm that guy" I flat out tell them morality issues ignored none of them are worth my job, being bubba's b**ch the rest of my life, or even the cost of the ammo.  They don't like that answer though lol

Also it's not just anger.  It's just plain stupidity.  When military people question how we're so fkd up it really puts it into perspective haha

Edited by Chevyguy85
  • Haha 1

As someone who spent a significant amount of time on the road for 12 years I can tell you the best place to poop is a hotel. There’s always a toilet off the lobby somewhere and if you walk in like you own the joint they won’t pay you any attention. Bathroom is usually a single stall and spotless. 

• Like 2

I worked at am office where a devolved co worker was missing the toilet. The boss figured it was being intentional, and after the second meeting issued a challenge that he WOULD catch them and embarrass them.

They responded by leaving him a message on the wall. It was written in brown, probably by a finger. The rest was on the floor.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS
  • Like 1

I was laughing so hard I was in tears. You guys are a freakin' riot!

For those of you doubting the possibility of these occurrences, I once had to clean up a coffee mug filled with crap. In the Sporting Goods department of a Kmart. 

People are rotten. Sad but true. So very very very true. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

I was laughing so hard I was in tears. You guys are a freakin' riot!

For those of you doubting the possibility of these occurrences, I once had to clean up a coffee mug filled with crap. In the Sporting Goods department of a Kmart. 

People are rotten. Sad but true. So very very very true. 

By "clean up", I hope you meant "throw away".

• Haha 2