Adding Rear camera Above Bed

8 hours ago, BLKDOUTSILVY said:

Do you have a part number for this CHSML? I will need this as I already have the cargo bed camera. 

Sorry, factory ordered mine so no part numbers.

You mean you already have a CHMSL with one camera built in? 

If so, you'll want the one with 2 cameras (they are side-by-side in the centre of the housing, below

What year, cab and trim are you wanting to fit this to?

One version puts bed view into rearview mirror, the other onto infotainment screen.

Depends on trim and options installed. 

fwiw, there are also 2 rear vision cameras. (one is HD)

I don't know if the 2 camera chmsl has both regular and hd rear vision versions or if all the 2 camera ones have the HD rear vision.

Edited by redwngr

32 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Sorry, factory ordered mine so no part numbers.

You mean you already have a CHMSL with one camera built in? 

If so, you'll want the one with 2 cameras (they are side-by-side in the centre of the housing, below

What year, cab and trim are you wanting to fit this to?

One version puts bed view into rearview mirror, the other onto infotainment screen.

Depends on trim and options installed. 

fwiw, there are also 2 rear vision cameras. (one is HD)

I don't know if the 2 camera chmsl has both regular and hd rear vision versions or if all the 2 camera ones have the HD rear vision.

I have a 2022 2500 HD Denali. I have the CHSML with 1 camera that shows the bed on my infotainment. I am wanting to add the camera and mirror for the Rearview capability. 

2 hours ago, BLKDOUTSILVY said:

I have a 2022 2500 HD Denali. I have the CHSML with 1 camera that shows the bed on my infotainment. I am wanting to add the camera and mirror for the Rearview capability. 

Wow. Surprised your Denali doesn't have it.

Both my, 21 and 22 Denali's have it. I detest  mine.

52 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

Wow. Surprised your Denali doesn't have it.

Both my, 21 and 22 Denali's have it. I detest  mine.

Yeah I was surprised it didn’t have it either. Are yours 1500 or 2500? I wish I had the powered up/down tailgate, rearview mirror screen and HUD but I did not order this vehicle, it was on the lot. 

2 minutes ago, BLKDOUTSILVY said:

Yeah I was surprised it didn’t have it either. Are yours 1500 or 2500? I wish I had the powered up/down tailgate, rearview mirror screen and HUD but I did not order this vehicle, it was on the lot. 

The 21 is a 1500 carbon pro with the 3.0 diesel and the 22 is a 3500 drw with the 6.6 diesel.

7 hours ago, BLKDOUTSILVY said:

This is what the 2 camera one looks like on a 21 1500 Denali (came with optional Technology Package .

CWM   Technology Package, includes (UVS) HD Surround Vision, (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror, (UVN) Bed View Camera and (UV6) Multicolor 15" Diagonal Head-Up Display

On my 2021 1500, I ordered it for the 'bed view' and HUD.

I love the HUD, but always use the regular mirror mode instead of rear camera mode.

On 2022 2500 Denali it is also optional, under the same RPO code, along with the HUD

CWM   Technology Package, includes (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror and (UV6) Multicolor 15" Diagonal Head-Up Display

On 2022 2500 Denali, bed view camera is standard

UVN   Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in infotainment screen, includes Two Trailer Camera Provisions

1993597348_20211229_111209_HDR(2).thumb.jpg.ef78159b6cdc7b47556e595c8e98671d.jpg

56 minutes ago, redwngr said:

This is what the 2 camera one looks like on a 21 1500 Denali (came with optional Technology Package .

CWM   Technology Package, includes (UVS) HD Surround Vision, (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror, (UVN) Bed View Camera and (UV6) Multicolor 15" Diagonal Head-Up Display

On my 2021 1500, I ordered it for the 'bed view' and HUD.

I love the HUD, but always use the regular mirror mode instead of rear camera mode.

On 2022 2500 Denali it is also optional, under the same RPO code, along with the HUD

CWM   Technology Package, includes (DRZ) Rear Camera Mirror and (UV6) Multicolor 15" Diagonal Head-Up Display

On 2022 2500 Denali, bed view camera is standard

UVN   Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in infotainment screen, includes Two Trailer Camera Provisions

1993597348_20211229_111209_HDR(2).thumb.jpg.ef78159b6cdc7b47556e595c8e98671d.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for showing this. Now I just need the part number to that CHSML and then hopefully I’ll be good to go. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for the great write.  I just finished the install of the Mirror camera.   The detail of this thread made the install very clear.   I was able to complete the procurement for around $500 in parts.  

One question did anyone run into an issue where the mirror cover did not fit after the install of the upscale mirror.

I had/have the narrow cover mirror cover.  once I added the new mirror the cover no longer properly locked into the mirror bracket as unit  is of course physically different.  I did buy the upscale cover for non collision setup but it looks like the mirror on the upscale trucks location is lower then the non upscale.  so the new cover does not fit.

Did anyone run into this issue and what did you do to clean up this up. 

As of today I have the old cover on with the wires stuffed in it.

thank you in advance.

• 11 months later...

I know this is a really old thread but I thought I would mention what I'm going to experiment with.  Using the information from this thread I am going to use the drz video mirror and the rearview camera.  I also found a FAKRA video switcher that I plan to use in conjunction with a backup camera and the rearview camera. I will connect the power for the video switch to the reverse trigger and display the backup cam on the mirror when in reverse and the rearview when not in reverse.  All the parts have been ordered and are in transit.  I will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

84486910 is the camera part number

and if you need a mirror, there are some very very nice video DRZ mirrors on ebay right now (i may be the seller). 

Trying to do this a inexpensively as possible, does the mirror just have to be DRZ?

These guy are awesome at Gen5diy, I am now able to add the LCD mirror to my WT yes my work truck.  They are sending me the harness seen in the video below.

I ordered the mirror from car-part.com 

Edited by passat774