Adding Rear camera Above Bed

34 minutes ago, Aaaaaaaayush said:

PN: 84699124 is only the high mount lamp (FOR GMC SIERRA) with no harness, no mirror, etc. I think what Kyle’s AT4 was talking about was the “infotainment.com” upgrade which is all packaged together but costs $1199

My PNs were all for a 2020 Silverado LT Texas Edition, my high mount lamp came with no harness and I would need a new harness that had the coax connector for the video signal.

I ordered all of my parts from “TascaParts.com” which is where I found it to be the cheapest, I didn’t want any “take off” parts or used parts so these were all ordered New genuine GM parts.

My Subtotal was $771.90 and after shipping and taxes the Total came out to $870.37, I believe this was the cheapest route for me without buying used/take off parts.

Subtotal: $771.90
Estimated Shipping to Austin via Standard Shipping: $32.15
Tax: $66.32
Total: $870.37

Thanks for the reply.  

20200724_181531.jpg.d33f14307038ad0d3e255b1a1528f867.jpg

I just realized from this photo from a post above that P/N 84699124 is actually the wrong lamp assembly.  This one has the cargo camera.

I will order the parts that you ordered Aaaaaaaayush for my 2021 Silverado LT as it looks like it worked out amazing for you.  

P/N: 13536995 Mirror

P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp

P/N: 84335461 Cable

P/N: 84599550 Harness

1 hour ago, luke1333 said:

Looks good! Plug and play or programming required? Any photos of starlight headliner and how much it was?

It was all plug and play, the mirror does all of the video processing itself, no programing or BCM reflashing or anything like that.

Headliner kit was $200 from amazon there are plenty on amazon just look it up, I have a 430 piece kit its like 16watt its pretty bright.

here are some pictures of it while I was installing it, obviously I cut all the fibers flush, and I installed the light box behind the rear seat and ran all the fibers up the C-pillar. Ill take some more pictures tonight.

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_4004.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tchiz33 said:

Thanks for the reply.  

20200724_181531.jpg.d33f14307038ad0d3e255b1a1528f867.jpg

I just realized from this photo from a post above that P/N 84699124 is actually the wrong lamp assembly.  This one has the cargo camera.

I will order the parts that you ordered Aaaaaaaayush for my 2021 Silverado LT as it looks like it worked out amazing for you.  

P/N: 13536995 Mirror

P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp

P/N: 84335461 Cable

P/N: 84599550 Harness

Good luck, I assume its all the same(same body style). When you order it they will ask for your VIN and when they realize these parts aren't for your truck they will ask you if it was an intentional mod or if it was an accident. They will still send it to you, I just said it was intentional mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Need some help, I have a 2021 W/T and I checked to see if I have the harness near the rearview mirror  and it appears different than what I see in the video and I am wondering if things have changed.  I also had no glue :) It was just mounted to a plastic clip.

Do I need item #9? This image is from 13536995

And #9 does not have a part listing anywhere? Can some get me the part number for #9 

22bcac926d7ca4f91c5c22c41729fd88.png

20210126_202112 (2).jpg

30 minutes ago, passat774 said:

Need some help, I have a 2021 W/T and I checked to see if I have the harness near the rearview mirror  and it appears different than what I see in the video and I am wondering if things have changed.  I also had no glue :) It was just mounted to a plastic clip.

Do I need item #9? This image is from 13536995

And #9 does not have a part listing anywhere? Can some get me the part number for #9 

22bcac926d7ca4f91c5c22c41729fd88.png

20210126_202112 (2).jpg

That is definitely not for the rearview mirror, My truck has that connector clipped up as well but it is connected to something under the plastic trim around the mirror bracket, it might be for a security sensor or something, I'm not sure but it was already connected and used. The rearview mirror connector should be more square than flat rectangular and it should be glued to the inside of the headliner. The easiest way to be sure its there is to remove the overhead console (lights, garage buttons, sunroof buttons) there are two T-screws up there under two small pieces of trim, after removing them the console should pop out and you should be able to see if the connector is there!

I believe part 9 is that sensor under the trim I'm not too sure what its for though.

Edited by Aaaaaaaayush

Thanks, sadly I have watched the video again and have come to the realization that my truck actually is not wired for the camera.  The only connector sadly is like you stated the one that is already clipped to something else. You can see in the video green tape wrapped around both wires that split off and I only have one in my truck :(

So no camera wired in a W/T 2021  

20210126_213001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bluemonstercali said:

just read thru all 15 pages. as anyone done this on 21' Sierra/Silverado? and also any more info on the 2 camera option?   ( rearview and cargo)

I upgraded to 2 camera high mount tail lamp.  I had the trailer cam package bed view cam with no video mirror and I added the video mirror.  Bought my dual camera lamp off ebay.  Worked great awesome upgrade.  Mine was a 2020 but should work in a 2021.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:09 AM, bluemonstercali said:

just read thru all 15 pages. as anyone done this on 21' Sierra/Silverado? and also any more info on the 2 camera option?   ( rearview and cargo)

I believe he is asking if your can add both to a truck that doesn't have them.  I might be wrong, but the bedview is part of a package and can't be added as a stand alone like the rearview camera. 

1 hour ago, bluemonstercali said:

Yes that is something I wanted to know as well. The rear view mirror is stand alone but If  I was to come across a high mount light that had both cameras is that a possible option to add?

you would need to source a 5ch video processing module to add trailer cam package UVI or a 10ch video processing module vpm to add 360 surround w trailer cam package UVS.  I have heard WAMS said they can program it to work in a non VPM truck, you just need to run coax camera lines.  then vpm has 2 power wires, 2 ground wires and a GMLAN line you need to tie into your trucks body harness if you dont already have a VPM.  I upgraded from UVI to UVS on my truck so I already had connector harness.  Trucks with only tailgate cams do not have a VPM.