Adding Rear camera Above Bed

4 minutes ago, lerbud said:

Thanks Brian.  I think the camera is bad.  I have the Blazer mirror hooked up and the long cable hooked up to the spoiler camera only and nothing.  I even put it in drive to make sure that wasnt an issue.  Thats the  bad thing about used parts.

what is part number on your actual camera, not lense, it may be a bed view cam and not rear view mirror cam.

11 minutes ago, lerbud said:

Sorry.  Will check when I get home.  I went ahead and ordered the 84487008 as the dealer said he could have it tomorrow.  What is the part# on your Blazer mirror?

attached is pic of camera for rear video mirror.  my mirror is a blazer mirror pn13532977.  i was thinking maybe to light you got is a bed view camera type from 2020 trucks.

Screenshot_20200903-150133_Photos.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally had a weekend off to do the install, but after reading about some DOA parts i said I better test them first before pulling down the whole headliner.  As it turns out, the mirror I thought I got a great deal on won't even power up.  I know its not the connector because I already had purchased an auto dim mirror when I got the truck and it works perfect.  I guess I should get a new part instead of a take off part.  Now I wait for the refund before I get the new one. 

I got my new mirror yesterday and everything works fine now.  I would assume this means that the Gen 1 mirror wont work unless you are using a gen 1 camera out of a cadillac or something.   Now I just need to get the headliner down and finish the install.

One thing I did try was to see if you could make the cable longer and yes you can!  I gently cut off the black plastic piece on the end that does into the mirror and then plugged it into the blue connector and it works fine.  You will have to tape it up to keep things together.  This means you can use 2 of the cables, a mirror & the taillight camera assy to do this job.    IMG_1422.jpg.63cfd8f1cb1dbba319420ec8ae2ea906.jpg