Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Adding Rear camera Above Bed


Recommended Posts

Just want to thank FiatDale and everyone else for all the great info and help I finally got my retrofit done. I guess the only good thing about having the dreaded rear window leak was that I got the dealership to install the parts I had for this rear view mirror brake light retrofit installed at the same time as my window fix without any additional cost. Such a great addition and definitely recommend the mod. 

EA024F78-ADF6-45F2-8FAD-0E370D89593B.jpeg

F780C1FC-93C1-4441-9D78-4A6894E578E8.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

K it works. Zero programming needed plug and play. When I have time to compile everything I’ll do a whole write up. Get your parts on order.

I don’t think either of you read what I’ve typed. Here is what you need: Spoiler assembly with camera (black) 84515287 Mirror 13532977 Coax cable 84335461 You do NOT need to buy the PN I ACCIDENTA

Mirror came in, waiting on the camera, should be here Monday. Powers up perfect with the plug that’s glued inside the headliner. I’ll post a full install with PN needed next week.

Posted Images

Guys does this also add the Bed View feature on the infotainment screen?  I'm trying to locate a 2020 TB in my area, and very very few come with the trailer Camera Package.  Adding this after the fact may be an option for me.  

 

Also - is it required to add the mirror if all i am looking for is the bed view?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GMguy99 said:

Guys does this also add the Bed View feature on the infotainment screen?  I'm trying to locate a 2020 TB in my area, and very very few come with the trailer Camera Package.  Adding this after the fact may be an option for me.  

 

Also - is it required to add the mirror if all i am looking for is the bed view?

 

 

The bed view is a different camera. You can have either one separately, or both. I have no idea about adding the bed view to an existing truck. I imagine you would need the trailer camera package to add it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 2:49 PM, Amit Ranavaya said:

Did you ever get your camera moved?

I am going to start a new thread where I did move the camera, so it is easier to find for people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI, I have been watching ebay for parts since this thread was started and there is now a seller that is selling spoiler assemblies for 225 that are painted and look to include the needed harness. I've also had the tapping noise coming from my spoiler so I've ordered all the parts to do the camera upgrade and hopefully fix the tapping at the same time. Managed to get the mirror for $540 and the cable for $30. 

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333602342491

 

Excited to give this a try. 

Edited by Zach-91
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:25 AM, mjcloud19 said:

This is great! Is this something I would be able to add to my 2019 WT model?

Yes! It is s stand alone camera and does not communicate with truck computer.  Its absolutely worth the effort, best MOD I've done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Davidj98 said:

Yes! It is s stand alone camera and does not communicate with truck computer.  Its absolutely worth the effort, best MOD I've done.

Do you think the Work truck would have the harness above the headliner to plug the rearview mirror in to?

Edited by pewterliftedz
Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't done it yet but on the gm parts website these numbers and prices are what they are. Doesnt look like you need the whole spoiler anymore
Mirror 13536995 $540.09
Cable 84335461 $27.56
Camera 84699124 $140.38
Anyone finds a good deal on mirrors let me know and I'll be doing this immediately

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kyle's AT4 said:

Haven't done it yet but on the gm parts website these numbers and prices are what they are. Doesnt look like you need the whole spoiler anymore
Mirror 13536995 $540.09
Cable 84335461 $27.56
Camera 84699124 $140.38
Anyone finds a good deal on mirrors let me know and I'll be doing this immediately

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
 

Don’t you have to involve infotainment software updates to upgrade the mirrors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 10:30 PM, Zach-91 said:

FYI, I have been watching ebay for parts since this thread was started and there is now a seller that is selling spoiler assemblies for 225 that are painted and look to include the needed harness. I've also had the tapping noise coming from my spoiler so I've ordered all the parts to do the camera upgrade and hopefully fix the tapping at the same time. Managed to get the mirror for $540 and the cable for $30. 

 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333602342491

 

Excited to give this a try. 

Tapping noise from the rear spoiler? More info please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fltmech said:

Tapping noise from the rear spoiler? More info please.

This thread has the info. For me, it happens whenever it is hot outside and the roof starts to cool off. Does it really bad when I wash the truck in the afternoon and I spray water on the spoiler. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.