Adding Rear camera Above Bed

3 hours ago, Tjeli said:

When you guys change the mirror do you lose your auto dimming side view mirrors?  The standard mirror has the sensor in it for all 3.

-Eli

My understanding (based on my manual) is that the passenger side mirror does not auto-dim, and that the drivers side and this camera mirror each have their own sensor.

My understanding (based on my manual) is that the passenger side mirror does not auto-dim, and that the drivers side and this camera mirror each have their own sensor.

You are correct, the passenger side does not dim. The sensor is only in the mirror. The mirror with the camera should have a sensor and will not loose functionality.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 10:55 AM, FiatDale said:

Some background, I do auto body by trade at a GM dealer here in Houston. I’m very well versed on these things and their assembly so you’ll have to forgive me when I say it’s easy, because I do this stuff everyday. By most DIY standards this is an easy job, it just may take you half a day so you’re careful. I will do a write up with pics soon.

Just curious as I live locally here.  Do you do installs on the side if I were to buy the needed parts?  Would love this upgrade but don’t have enough faith I would not mess something up on my brand new 2020 Sierra 1500 elevation,  this feature is the only one I couldn’t get when I purchased that I really wanted.

I was interested in this mod but it seems like you are replacing an actual mirror image with an image from a camera.  What is the advantage to have the camera to justify the mod?  Is it mainly for a wider range of view behind you using a camera?

10 hours ago, andrewb24 said:

I was interested in this mod but it seems like you are replacing an actual mirror image with an image from a camera.  What is the advantage to have the camera to justify the mod?  Is it mainly for a wider range of view behind you using a camera?

Much wider angle, and the huge benefit of not having the window frames, headrests, and passengers blocking the view. You can also clearly see people in the cars behind you picking their noses at stop lights.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered all four parts,

P/N: 13536995 Mirror

P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp

P/N: 84335461 Cable

P/N: 84599550 Harness

Just Shipped this morning, I should get it on Friday and installed on Friday or Saturday. I'll Post again with any problems or tricks I come across and pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 3:00 PM, Aaaaaaaayush said:

Just Shipped this morning, I should get it on Friday and installed on Friday or Saturday. I'll Post again with any problems or tricks I come across and pictures.

Did you get this installed yet? Any hiccups?  I have the same parts sitting in the garage.

I am trying to put everything together from this long thread.  It seems there have been many updates to parts and/or part numbers over the years the thread has been open.  I think the mirror part number (13536995) and the coax cable part number (84335461) are pretty straight forward.  The following two posts are confusing me though.

The post in July by Kyle's AT4 stated that he purchased the "Camera 84699124" which, in my research, seems to be a third brake light assembly with camera and wire harness all in one

The post in November by Aaaaaaaayush stated that they bought "P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp" AND "P/N: 84599550 Harness"

I would rather buy the "all-in-one" light/camera/harness if this is the case as its much cheaper.

If I am way off on this can someone just point me in the right direction to add this feature to my 2021 Silverado LT crew cab.  ie. list of part numbers required.

Thanks so much!

PS Aaaaaaaayush, did you end up completing your installation?

"Kyle's AT4" wrote July 9 2020
"Haven't done it yet but on the gm parts website these numbers and prices are what they are. Doesnt look like you need the whole spoiler anymore
Mirror 13536995 $540.09
Cable 84335461 $27.56
Camera 84699124 $140.38
Anyone finds a good deal on mirrors let me know and I'll be doing this immediately"

On 11/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, Aaaaaaaayush said:

I did this install about 3 month ago.  Here's what I got:

P/N: 13536995 Mirror     (Ordered New from a GM Parts Website because the "take off" I got from eBay came DOD)

P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp   (Got the entire spoiler, lamp, camera, and harness from eBay but they now sell just the lamp, camera, and harness for a hundred bucks less )

P/N: 84335461 Cable   (Order from Amazon)

The only issue I had was removing the rear clips from the headliner.  I tore one of them by mistake. 

Sorry I've been busy recently and haven't been able to update y'all but I did finish in about a day, I did also do a Rolls Royce Starlight headliner so that added to the time it took me to do the mirror (because I didn't have the headliner harness in).

It isn't necessary to remove the whole headliner from the truck, however I did because I wanted to do the starlight headliner and sound deaden the roof with Killmat deadener.

I didn't have any problems, I was sure to glue the coax cable down to the headliner so it wouldn't rattle with music and also used some outdoor silicone on the bolts for the spoiler and the third brake light to reseal the cab and prevent any leaks.

Everything worked perfectly no misalignment or anything like that.

There wasn't really anyway to show you how to do it but there is a video somewhere in this forum from Infotainment.com that shows you the install, that kit is $1500 and I don't think its worth it just to have them in one box, just order them separate from gm parts suppliers, its way cheaper.

I do have a toolbox that isn't low-profile so this mirror camera system was a great upgrade.

IMG_3918.JPEG

62699824292__4B3AFB13-F4B0-4961-9093-E4745DF356C7.JPEG

62723299665__4052D526-5EF8-48A7-BEDE-B44DD77C663A.JPEG

IMG_3941.JPEG

IMG_4090.JPEG

IMG_3947.JPEG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 12:18 PM, Kyle's AT4 said:

I bought the camera, light, harness as an all in one package. Very easy install.

Just to confirm, you're "all-in-one package" for the light, camera harness was P/N: 84699124 for $140.38.  As opposed to Aaaaaaaayush using P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp AND P/N: 84599550 Harness which is around $220 total.

6 minutes ago, Tchiz33 said:

Just to confirm, you're "all-in-one package" for the light, camera harness was P/N: 84699124 for $140.38.  As opposed to Aaaaaaaayush using P/N: 84487008 High Mount Lamp AND P/N: 84599550 Harness which is around $220 total.

PN: 84699124 is only the high mount lamp (FOR GMC SIERRA) with no harness, no mirror, etc. I think what Kyle’s AT4 was talking about was the “infotainment.com” upgrade which is all packaged together but costs $1199

My PNs were all for a 2020 Silverado LT Texas Edition, my high mount lamp came with no harness and I would need a new harness that had the coax connector for the video signal.

I ordered all of my parts from “TascaParts.com” which is where I found it to be the cheapest, I didn’t want any “take off” parts or used parts so these were all ordered New genuine GM parts.

My Subtotal was $771.90 and after shipping and taxes the Total came out to $870.37, I believe this was the cheapest route for me without buying used/take off parts.

Subtotal: $771.90
Estimated Shipping to Austin via Standard Shipping: $32.15
Tax: $66.32
Total: $870.37

On 11/26/2020 at 3:13 PM, Aaaaaaaayush said:

Sorry I've been busy recently and haven't been able to update y'all but I did finish in about a day, I did also do a Rolls Royce Starlight headliner so that added to the time it took me to do the mirror (because I didn't have the headliner harness in).

It isn't necessary to remove the whole headliner from the truck, however I did because I wanted to do the starlight headliner and sound deaden the roof with Killmat deadener.

I didn't have any problems, I was sure to glue the coax cable down to the headliner so it wouldn't rattle with music and also used some outdoor silicone on the bolts for the spoiler and the third brake light to reseal the cab and prevent any leaks.

Everything worked perfectly no misalignment or anything like that.

There wasn't really anyway to show you how to do it but there is a video somewhere in this forum from Infotainment.com that shows you the install, that kit is $1500 and I don't think its worth it just to have them in one box, just order them separate from gm parts suppliers, its way cheaper.

I do have a toolbox that isn't low-profile so this mirror camera system was a great upgrade.

IMG_3918.JPEG

62699824292__4B3AFB13-F4B0-4961-9093-E4745DF356C7.JPEG

62723299665__4052D526-5EF8-48A7-BEDE-B44DD77C663A.JPEG

IMG_3941.JPEG

IMG_4090.JPEG

IMG_3947.JPEG

Looks good! Plug and play or programming required? Any photos of starlight headliner and how much it was?