Adding Rear camera Above Bed

3 minutes ago, SwiftVision said:

This thread was about a bed camera, not a rear view mirror camera.

So, is the bed camera plug and play?

Ummm perhaps you should read the contents of the thread instead of posting useless comments....

this thread is about the things needed to get the cam working, which.....wait for it.....involves a rear view mirror swap, as well as some extra cable, not just the rear camera!

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i just completed the install. Started on my lunch break but did not have the coax cable since it was out for delivery by amazon. Finished everything in the dark. I would say the hardest part is getting the dang headliner back on. That was the biggest pain in the ass!!! Second pain in the ass was getting the dome light screws back in!!!! And 3rd was getting the rear seatbelt caps back on after the headliner was installed!!!!

i also did NOT have any extra plug glued to the headliner for some reason, Anyone know why? I thought all cars come with it...?

i was able to use the original plug I had in my auto dim mirror prior and the camera works.... any thoughts on this?

i also used clear RV silicon on the inside nuts when screwing them back in as recommended by someone here.

6 hours ago, Offroadman00 said:

i also did NOT have any extra plug glued to the headliner for some reason, Anyone know why? I thought all cars come with it...?

i was able to use the original plug I had in my auto dim mirror prior and the camera works.... any thoughts on this?

Offroadman, if you had the autodim already installed and working you had the "extra plug" that others talk about.

A lot of the trucks have the standard flip mirror, the ole manual style mirror.  For those instances the wire is tucked up in the headliner, glued to the headliner.

You are good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will this setup work on the 2021 Silverado Texas

yes it will just finished installing it and works great

gmpartscenter.net 

total with shipping was about 850.00

Edited by Cwmig
Misprint

• 1 month later...

I just want to check about possible parts. I want to put this setup in a different vehicle so the high mount light is not necessary.  Is there a part number for just the camera?

39 minutes ago, Outvoted said:

I just want to check about possible parts. I want to put this setup in a different vehicle so the high mount light is not necessary.  Is there a part number for just the camera?

84486910 is the camera part number

and if you need a mirror, there are some very very nice video DRZ mirrors on ebay right now (i may be the seller). 

On 4/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, Offroadman00 said:

Also, would love to know what the model number of the GEN 1 and GEN 2 mirros are if anyone has that. Assume the Gen 2 is the one that ends on 995, but how about Gen 1? Just want to know if mine is an old mirror or what since its a different part number 

Not sure on specific part numbers but all Gen 2s will have 3 soft buttons at bottom right of mirror.

• 5 months later...

Just ordered parts for this.  I lucked out and found a take-off light assembly on Ebay with harness for $144.  So that left the coax cable for $32 and mirror for $644 (on my dealer account).  I was planning to drop the headliner and seal my slider anyways, so this is the perfect excuse to upgrade the mirro.  I am glad I ran across this thread!  

Edited by Leevon

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2021 at 3:24 PM, Leevon said:

Just ordered parts for this.  I lucked out and found a take-off light assembly on Ebay with harness for $144.  So that left the coax cable for $32 and mirror for $644 (on my dealer account).  I was planning to drop the headliner and seal my slider anyways, so this is the perfect excuse to upgrade the mirro.  I am glad I ran across this thread!  

Have you done this install yet? Curious how it went for you

On 4/11/2021 at 1:28 PM, HiyoSilverardo_Away said:

Glad I was able to help!

Just remember take your time, keep track of the screws, don't forget some sealant/caulk for the bolts for the spoiler....

the mirror will come with the mount in a different place than expected, you may just have to move it to a better location for the power wire to reach...

Also allocate about 2 hours or so.... does not take long, just tedious work...

One of the best adds yet....  People who see it are amazed, one said, wish I had that in my Ford....  🙂

This weekend, installed the upfitter aux power switch bank... that was much more difficult than the camera/mirror...

let us know how it turns out.  Also any questions let us know...

Do you know what is different when I already have a cargo bed camera? Is there a brake light with 2 camera housings?

5 minutes ago, BLKDOUTSILVY said:

Do you know what is different when I already have a cargo bed camera? Is there a brake light with 2 camera housings?

Yes, 1 for the bed and one for the rear view mirror.