Adding Rear camera Above Bed

On 9/16/2019 at 5:03 PM, Boda1985 said:

Here is another diagram that shows the wire to the mirror. So with even more research I learned that camera is for the mirror only. So this should be easy to install. Need the mirror, wiring harness and camera. I assume you don’t need software update if it is all just in the mirror. 

So is the wiring harness not already installed? I was under the impression we would only need the mirror and the camera. 

No, you’ll also need the coaxial cable that goes from the camera to the mirror. There SHOULD be the mirror power plug in the headliner regardless, but the video cable will not be there.
That was my instance on my 2010 camaro ss. That year no option for rear view camera, didnt become available till 2011. But the plug was there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 9/28/2019 at 7:50 AM, FiatDale said:

No, you’ll also need the coaxial cable that goes from the camera to the mirror. There SHOULD be the mirror power plug in the headliner regardless, but the video cable will not be there.

Does the coax connection look proprietary or can we pick one up somewhere else maybe?

I can't wait to find out if this works!  I'd love the review camera.  I'd really like the side mirror cameras, I'm so mad I didn't realize the trailer camera package included side mirror cameras. I should have test drove more, just assumed for $250 you only got the plug for the trailer camera and big truck/standard box those cameras would be awesome for parking.  

Thank you all for posting, what you've learned!

On a side note it's awesome to find stuff works with added parts.  My basic trim Acadia was missing a bunch of dic stuff (range, tpms,etc) I was able to knock out a cap and buy a switch that just plugged in behind the dash from gmparts for $15.  Instead had it all.  Dealer told me they didn't think it was possible, maybe could do it for a couple hundred dollars.

Edited by Chris Hronek
Added a thank you

On 9/17/2019 at 12:23 PM, FiatDale said:

I’ve got the mirror and brake light coming. Unfortunately with this strike it’s put a hold on these special order parts, so it may be a little bit until I get to installing and making a harness.

To the comment above, most dealers will say it’s not possible to add after the fact, so I’d save your breath. Either attempt it on your own with more research and then report back to them, or don’t try. Most dealers will not want to mess with trying to reprogram as they don’t know how.

Would you share the part numbers please?  Also, besides the camera and mirror .... is there a harness and part number?

Thanks, Steve