Adding Rear camera Above Bed

11 hours ago, FiatDale said:

To the comment above, most dealers will say it’s not possible to add after the fact, so I’d save your breath. Either attempt it on your own with more research and then report back to them, or don’t try. Most dealers will not want to mess with trying to reprogram as they don’t know how.

You are correct sir!  2 different dealers both said no option to add.....  1 recommended checking back later since the 2019s are still pretty new...  

1 hour ago, FiatDale said:

Mirror came in, waiting on the camera, should be here Monday. Powers up perfect with the plug that’s glued inside the headliner. I’ll post a full install with PN needed next week.

e8d65c09f38d971209ddf2fa160d303f.jpg

Oh snap!! Definitely saving my money and not spending any of it until I see if this works. Looks like you’ll need the wire cover for it as well.

Thanks for checking this out, I'm excited to see what happens with this!   So the rear camera is $267, how much is the mirror?  I don't recall seeing that (might have missed it). 

Thanks again!

Smitty

32 minutes ago, FiatDale said:

Mirror PN: 13532977

It’s not cheap.. around $550

Awesome, you’re the man!! Thank you for sharing! That will be my next upgrade for sure! Excited to see your final pictures!

I think it could. I have not looked at the factory add on camera for the K2 to check out the wiring, but it’s just a coax going from the mirror to the camera. The other wiring to the mirror I could provide a pinout - there’s nothing special there.

To the person above - dealerships don’t like doing retrofits. If they put their hands on it, they have to warranty it and be liable. I’ve been doing retro’s since the GMT800’s and also providing them to people. Most of their technicians do not take the time to see what matches what, they only look at their current situation at that time. So they never figure out what’s REALLY possible in between products and brands.

• Like 2