Adios Sierra Denali

shadowmn

There’s not one truck maker out there that doesn’t have any problems or any recalls. Even the untouchable Toyota and Honda’s have fallen. Dodge reputation has the worst resale value and though they may have smoother running transmissions, they’re still dressed up junk!

• Like 2

I'm not brand loyal at all, so I say enjoy it! 

I will say that Chrysler electronics have always scared me though. I have 2 buddies who bought 2019 Rams, so i'm curious to see how they hold up. (Both of those guys prefer GM, but hated the 2019's so gave the Ram a try)

When my old silverado hit 15 years old I started saving for my next truck, at First it was my Tundra savings account, and then it was my F150 savings account and then I bought another Silverado haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought a 2500 Dodge Laramie Cummins some years back for the motor. Truck was by far the worst put together vehicle I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned lots. The truck was falling apart, literally. Had the injectors swapped out at least 6 separate occasions on the Cummins, constant overheating issues, huge pc of crap! Two years ago a buddy bought a 3500 to pull his large car hauler, both axles broke, they freaking broke! I don’t think any of the auto makers should be put on pedestals but for God sakes, please stop thinking that Dodge has magically re-emerged from the depths of Hell to take the lead in reliability, never going to happen. The only thing positive I’ve heard is the interior is more plush, as nice as plush is, I didn’t buy a truck to fall asleep in. Give it another year or two and you’ll start hearing more negatives about these new dodges than you can shake a stick at. Go check the Dodge forums, you’ll see lots of negatives.

You know what they say, you can put a suit on a monkey but it’s always going to be just a monkey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Relative bought a new Cummins Dodge 3/4 ton a while back.

Lots of problems right away.

Now drives a Denali Duramax.

Happy camper.

[emoji4]

Exactly, IMHO, some people are just at awww when something new comes around with great marketing but as I’ve stated, dressing up a monkey doesn’t change what it is, it’s still a stinky monkey lol. Duramax is King with Excellent built motors and Allison Transmissions.

• Like 1

2 cents from the newbie.  Had an '95 Dodge Dakota (till it was totaled) and a 2010 Colorado (until traded in 2 months ago). Both served me well, but I'm happy to have finally graduated to a real truck.  Great forum, glad to be a part of it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Nope, I’ve had a few, had some engine and trans problems but not bad trucks at all.

2015+ F150? Yes, with the total numbers being produced, I’m sure there are many good trucks. It just seems like overall build QC is not good and there have been a lot of problems with oil burning and cam phasers. 

2015+ F150? Yes, with the total numbers being produced, I’m sure there are many good trucks. It just seems like overall build QC is not good and there have been a lot of problems with oil burning and cam phasers. 

My last one was a 2008 King Ranch 4x4, Trans problems. There’s good and bad in all, reasons why we have so many Consumer Protection Laws ;)
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RE1 said:

As a current GM owner who is cross shopping all the brands for my next truck, I would like to ask a couple of questions.....

Was your Denali a 5.3L or a 6.2L? 

Excluding the transmission performance, how does the Ram 5.7L feel and drive in comparison to the Denali?

Thanks for any input. 

I had the 6.2.  The Denali felt like it had more power which it does (420hp vs 395hp), but not by much.  The Ram is very responsive and no lag when the accelerator is pressed unlike the Denali which happened once in awhile.  The transmission of the Ram is silky smooth and easily outperforms the GM 8-speed on its best day.  No clunking or searching for gears.  My Denali also had the Magnaride which was stiffer than the Ram's air suspension, but allowed it to handle better with less body roll than the Ram.  The comfort level of the Ram suspension is nice though and handles bumps with ease.  Take one for a ride.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jacoby said:

No need for what??  Since when has telling someone bye become a bad thing?

what there is no need for is the cliche the OP is committing by leaving one brand for another then dogging said brand and recommending others ditch said brand.  That my friend is what there is no need for. 

So with that I say Bye.  No point in starting a thread in a GM forum just to trash GM trucks and go on about how Rams are better. 

Just to be clear, I am in no way disrespecting Chevy or GMC owners here.  My Denali was a great truck aside from the transmission issues.  I just couldn't stomach my 60k truck not being able to handle to most basic task, like drive without excessive vibration.  I had it at the dealer at least 5 times and they did nothing but flush the fluid.  My last visit to the dealer, the were certain it was the tires.  I was very skeptical, but I replaced all 4 tires with an alignment and it did nothing.  That was it for me, it had to go.  So all I'm saying is if there are GMC or Chevy owners here having the same transmission woes that I had with no end in sight, try driving a Ram.  You'll see that GM really botched the 8-speed up big time because it's a night and day difference.  I planned on having that GMC for a long time, but enough was enough.

22 minutes ago, shadowmn said:

Just to be clear, I am in no way disrespecting Chevy or GMC owners here.  My Denali was a great truck aside from the transmission issues.  I just couldn't stomach my 60k truck not being able to handle to most basic task, like drive without excessive vibration.  I had it at the dealer at least 5 times and they did nothing but flush the fluid.  My last visit to the dealer, the were certain it was the tires.  I was very skeptical, but I replaced all 4 tires with an alignment and it did nothing.  That was it for me, it had to go.  So all I'm saying is if there are GMC or Chevy owners here having the same transmission woes that I had with no end in sight, try driving a Ram.  You'll see that GM really botched the 8-speed up big time because it's a night and day difference.  I planned on having that GMC for a long time, but enough was enough.

There was more to be done to eliminate the vibration and you could have gone with a T1 so your friends won't think you've gone broke because of the Dodge!

I have never allowed a warranty to hold me hostage, if something needs doing, it gets done.  One of the next steps on those 8-speeds after changing the fluid and updating the tune is to replace the torque converter and then the whole transmission.  Live and learn.