Adios Sierra Denali

shadowmn

21 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

I also wonder how many HD sales GM is going to lose with the new ones. For as long as the HDs have been out I don’t seem to see that many on the roads yet? Maybe I’m not the only one that thinks they got beat with the fugly stick. Never thought I’d see the day when the Rams are the best looking ones out of the big 3...

I heard a Chevy sales manager at a good sized dealer outside Dallas say he won't drive one home, he can't be seen in a truck that damn ugly. Laughed and said it might look bad, but a Dodge Ram 2500 might be in the employee parking lot soon.

The new HD's make the 2019 1/2 tons look good, and that is a hard job to do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rah7777777 said:

I heard a Chevy sales manager at a good sized dealer outside Dallas say he won't drive one home, he can't be seen in a truck that damn ugly. Laughed and said it might look bad, but a Dodge Ram 2500 might be in the employee parking lot soon.

The new HD's make the 2019 1/2 tons look good, and that is a hard job to do!

Can you guys go over to the 2019 & 2020 forum and tell those guys over their and tell them how ugly their trucks are.Believe me I tried,their some of the most  delusional people I ever talked to. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Cjc said:

Can you guys go over to the 2019 & 2020 forum and tell those guys over their and tell them how ugly their trucks are.Believe me I tried,their some of the most  delusional people I ever talked to. 

I accidentally posted in the 2019 forms and mentioned how ugly they were. Once I realized I was in the 2019 forum I felt like an ass and deleted it. out of respect for their purchases I will try to only talk shit on other forums and leave theirs be. haha

Some people actually do like them. And really, at the end of the day as long as the guy who is making that payment every month likes his truck and is happy with it, then screw anyone elses opinion. 

I work with some hard core Ford fans (I like Fords too) but when I pulled up in a Chevy they gave me a hard time. 

But its a simple response really, I told them "if you don't make the payments, you can shut the **** up" 

23 minutes ago, rah7777777 said:

I accidentally posted in the 2019 forms and mentioned how ugly they were. Once I realized I was in the 2019 forum I felt like an ass and deleted it. out of respect for their purchases I will try to only talk shit on other forums and leave theirs be. haha

Some people actually do like them. And really, at the end of the day as long as the guy who is making that payment every month likes his truck and is happy with it, then screw anyone elses opinion. 

I work with some hard core Ford fans (I like Fords too) but when I pulled up in a Chevy they gave me a hard time. 

But its a simple response really, I told them "if you don't make the payments, you can shut the **** up" 

I totally agree with you.The differences is  I don't find Ford trucks ugly.All I keep saying is look at sales,they don't lie.I still say their going to change the front end in 2021.They have no choice.

20 minutes ago, Cjc said:

I totally agree with you.The differences is  I don't find Ford trucks ugly.All I keep saying is look at sales,they don't lie.I still say their going to change the front end in 2021.They have no choice.

I havent even seen sales numbers.

But I HAVE talked to a bunch of truck fans and everyone says the same thing, "WTF was Chevy thinking"

Okay not everyone, my boss actually likes the 2019's and said he would drive one (as he gets in his 2019 Dodge Ram....)

My neighbor has a 2018 Silverado that has been sitting in his driveway since about a month after the new trucks started hitting the streets, he might drive it once a month. 

I asked why he bought a new truck to just sit and why he still drives his 2010 silverado everyday. He said he knew he would want a new truck in the next couple years and when he saw the 2019's he couldn't get over how ugly they were, so he bought an 18 so when he decided its time for a new truck, he has a good looking truck to get into. 

I thought he was joking at first, but he was dead serious. He said he didn't know how many years it would be before GM would get back to a good looking truck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rah7777777 said:

I havent even seen sales numbers.

But I HAVE talked to a bunch of truck fans and everyone says the same thing, "WTF was Chevy thinking"

Okay not everyone, my boss actually likes the 2019's and said he would drive one (as he gets in his 2019 Dodge Ram....)

My neighbor has a 2018 Silverado that has been sitting in his driveway since about a month after the new trucks started hitting the streets, he might drive it once a month. 

I asked why he bought a new truck to just sit and why he still drives his 2010 silverado everyday. He said he knew he would want a new truck in the next couple years and when he saw the 2019's he couldn't get over how ugly they were, so he bought an 18 so when he decided its time for a new truck, he has a good looking truck to get into. 

I thought he was joking at first, but he was dead serious. He said he didn't know how many years it would be before GM would get back to a good looking truck. 

I believe their many guys like your neighbor.

• Like 1

I almost jumped ship to RAM.  I test drove one and loved the interior.  Very nice.  Blows away GM.  The 8 speed was nice.  But I just couldnt trust it for reliability like my I do my new Chevy.  When the dealer started it up, first thing you hear is tick tick tick - not a normal sound either.  The Hemi with the etorque did have some good power.  I think my 6.2 can take it though.  I didnt like how the etorque would feel like it was downshifting to stop every time you braked.   Also the exterior is just butt ugly now.  I have seen a couple that look decent, but it is totally style-less, kinda like the GMT800s were.

On 9/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, RE1 said:

As a current GM owner who is cross shopping all the brands for my next truck, I would like to ask a couple of questions.....

Was your Denali a 5.3L or a 6.2L? 

Excluding the transmission performance, how does the Ram 5.7L feel and drive in comparison to the Denali?

Thanks for any input. 

I had a 2016 Ram 1500 5.7 Laramie 4wd.

Great truck - A bit light (in weight).

BUT, . ...the "recalls" were getting to be a "pita".

The truck was spent more time at the dealership than on the road. (No joke!)

Also - Fiat owns Ram - back in the 70's to 90's Fiat were absolutely pants at building anything good.

Ram's ride compared to the 1500 Silverado doesn't even compare, sorry.

Anyway I'm now driving a used 2017 Silverado 1500 High Country 2wd 8spd tranny with 24k on it, yes I noticed the occasional transmission jolt's, but they're not all the time.

There'll be a fix somewhere for it, I just gotta find it 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:20 PM, shadowmn said:

Well I finally had enough of my 2017 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate and its never ending transmission issues.  I traded it in over the weekend for a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.  I gave the GMC at least 5 tries to fix my truck and they couldn't solve it.   

Why wouldn't you lemon law it instead of taking the trade in hit?

My 6.2L with the 8-speed shifts great, no hunting for gears when towing either.  Z71 suspension rides nice.  

You did what you had to do to be happy with what you are driving.  No smart person will fault you for that.  As for all the Ram haters and what not, well they can go ram something else.  The nice thing about living in America is that we still have some freedoms.  Freedom to choose what you want to drive for example.  If you are happy that is all that matters.  They are good looking trucks.. well better looking than the new Silverados and Sierras and the Crapotas and Nissan's and probably even the F150s.  So can't fault you there.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:08 PM, Cjc said:

I did that once, and it caused more of an uproar than if I’d called their children fugly. 

My ‘14 Ram was way better than my ‘17 Silverado. Far better ride (coil springs), interior quality, essentially the same fuel economy, the awesome 8 speed ZF, more power than the 5.3. Had the same Chevy shake though. Went to an f150 that I spent on average $300 a month in parts and my time to maintain; yeah, had to rebuild the infamous 5.4 timing system in my garage over thanksgiving, 4x4 IWEs, 4 hours to do the plugs and COPs... the most simple task was a huge PIA. Back in a ‘16 Silverado LT now which isn’t as “nice” as my Ram Laramie, but rides just as good, and is worlds better than the ‘17 or the Ford. I try to not be brand loyal, but don’t think there’s been a year since the 70s when there hasnt been a GM in my family’s driveway... my current count is 3 at my house. 

Edited by dukedkt442

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, shadowmn said:

I had an extended warranty on that truck.  It's the dealer/manufacturer's responsibility to fix it and I should not have to pay for something that is not my fault.  I suggested on several occasions to replace the TC which they did not do because they claimed it was not the issue.  Too frustrating to deal with and I just want a smooth running truck.  The Dodge rides better regardless so I'm happy.

I've had the transmission flushed, the valve replacement and the TC replaced.  Didn't fix the problem and am now considering a transmission replacement.