Adios Sierra Denali

shadowmn

36 minutes ago, shadowmn said:

I had the 6.2.  The Denali felt like it had more power which it does (420hp vs 395hp), but not by much.  The Ram is very responsive and no lag when the accelerator is pressed unlike the Denali which happened once in awhile.  The transmission of the Ram is silky smooth and easily outperforms the GM 8-speed on its best day.  No clunking or searching for gears.  My Denali also had the Magnaride which was stiffer than the Ram's air suspension, but allowed it to handle better with less body roll than the Ram.  The comfort level of the Ram suspension is nice though and handles bumps with ease.  Take one for a ride.

Thank you! Excellent info. I will look at them seriously. 

11 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

There was more to be done to eliminate the vibration and you could have gone with a T1 so your friends won't think you've gone broke because of the Dodge!

I have never allowed a warranty to hold me hostage, if something needs doing, it gets done.  One of the next steps on those 8-speeds after changing the fluid and updating the tune is to replace the torque converter and then the whole transmission.  Live and learn.  

I had an extended warranty on that truck.  It's the dealer/manufacturer's responsibility to fix it and I should not have to pay for something that is not my fault.  I suggested on several occasions to replace the TC which they did not do because they claimed it was not the issue.  Too frustrating to deal with and I just want a smooth running truck.  The Dodge rides better regardless so I'm happy.

• Like 2

You guys are focusing solely on powertrain differences, Dodge may have given you some good experiences while being a GM owner but it’s far more than this. I don’t want to beat on Dodge, or any other manufacturer but it goes far beyond drivetrains, it’s about everything else as well, body, trim, interiors, safety recall issues, past safety issues, customer support and one of the biggest is the ability to easily personalize with lifts, tires, and so much more and last is just the way business is run and how the employees are treated which says a lot about how a customer is treated.

It’s one of the best things about this country, Freedom of Individualism, wish the best for all Dodge, GM, Ford and even Nissan and Toyota.

God Bless The United States of America and all those who stand to defend The Constitution of The United States of America! Let Freedom Fly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do have to say, though, that a solid, reliable powertrain in a truck is just about priority #1 for me. I like to keep my vehicles at least 5-6 years/150k and reliability after the warranty is very important to me. Powertrain failures are not only much more $$ to fix but typically put the truck out of commission. I can deal with glitchy electronics or broken seat haptic motors and all that other gimmicky stuff that’s fairly easy to fix, but I cannot have an unreliable powertrain. 

Edited by RE1

5 hours ago, rah7777777 said:

I have 2 buddies who bought 2019 Rams, so i'm curious to see how they hold up. (Both of those guys prefer GM, but hated the 2019's so gave the Ram a try)

I also wonder how many HD sales GM is going to lose with the new ones. For as long as the HDs have been out I don’t seem to see that many on the roads yet? Maybe I’m not the only one that thinks they got beat with the fugly stick. Never thought I’d see the day when the Rams are the best looking ones out of the big 3...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shadowmn said:

I had an extended warranty on that truck.  It's the dealer/manufacturer's responsibility to fix it and I should not have to pay for something that is not my fault.  I suggested on several occasions to replace the TC which they did not do because they claimed it was not the issue.  Too frustrating to deal with and I just want a smooth running truck.  The Dodge rides better regardless so I'm happy.

Well, I wonder how much it cost to get into the Dodge versus putting a new converter and transmission on your own dime?  Guess I'll never understand folks putting up with so much BS and being afraid to mod their trucks over a "warranty".

Of course Ram has a great trans, its a ZF that they put in most every high end Euro car sold today.  It' a solid trans; we have ZFs behind the 1000 ci I-6s and 2000 ci V12s at work, and they're awesome.  I had a only single complaint on my '14 Ram Laramie CC, and it wasn't the drivetrain, it was the highway vibration endemic to most every overly-stiff 1500 truck made today.  With a 3.92 towing rear, it still got 21 mpg on a couple trips NY-OBX and back, only 1 mpg less than my '17 Silverado DC that I tossed within 6 month of buying brand new.  Junk. (Edit: I love my '16, it's a completely different truck in every sense of it). If the Ram didn't have a highway vibration, I'd still have it; of all the guys with work trucks I know, Rams have the lowest maintenance; I still know plenty running around in 90s gen 318 and 360 trucks, one has almost 400k by now on original drivetrain.  I had to yank the cams to redo the entire timing system in my '04 F150 last winter at only 150k... yeah they all have problems, just pick and choose which problems you'd rather have to fix.

The new HD GMs now have a new engine, with AFM for the first time, so there' sure to be learning curves with them.  The old bulletproof 6.0 is gone.  This should be interesting.

I can't bring myself to look at them longer than a few seconds, they're the most hideous things I've ever seen next to the Aztec.  I guess they never fired those designers, just promoted them... what is it with Chevy's obsession with this Gotham-city Batman cartoon design shtick they've been doing for the last decade?

Edited by dukedkt442
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Ugh..... I know something you don't know about your ram. But I hate yo spoil the suprise. Also it would seem you are happy and that is all that matters. Enjoy. emoji870.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Do tell please. Information is a good thing. 

I can't speak to all. but this will give you a quick over overview. also rust issues. 

Are any brand perfect no. Does it upset most people to have to fix a new vehicle yes. But it is all about that you are willing to deal with, your ability and the end product. I get a discount that no one can beat but I was looking at a Ram for employee work truck( because they are dirt cheap) but was told to stay away. 

That said I wish you the best. 

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

I also wonder how many HD sales GM is going to lose with the new ones. For as long as the HDs have been out I don’t seem to see that many on the roads yet? Maybe I’m not the only one that thinks they got beat with the fugly stick. Never thought I’d see the day when the Rams are the best looking ones out of the big 3...

Totally agree.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I can't speak to all. but this will give you a quick over overview. also rust issues. 

Are any brand perfect no. Does it upset most people to have to fix a new vehicle yes. But it is all about that you are willing to deal with, your ability and the end product. I get a discount that no one can beat but I was looking at a Ram for employee work truck( because they are dirt cheap) but was told to stay away. 

That said I wish you the best. 

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/

2019 Ram has already had 13 Recalls and 198 TSB's? Good Lord....PASS...

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/recalls/

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/tsbs/

• Like 1

2019 Ram has already had 13 Recalls and 198 TSB's? Good Lord....PASS...

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/recalls/
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ram/1500/2019/tsbs/
Yeah and friends that work higher up in company say there are a few more issues that haven't seen the light just yet.
However like most things once the new wears off it will get better.
Maybe better to lease this new a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know someone has to buy the newest model but I never do, first year of new model is almost always problematic, Chevy is having their share of issues with the newest generation as well, happens to them all. All I know is the 2016 and 2018 Rams I had were problem free other than the tailgate latch recall.