Changing from halogen to LED headlights on LT, Custom, or WT trims

yeah thats exactly what i did go through the wheel well...pretty simple, and i just couldnt see the need for housing or extra coin....

On 7/8/2020 at 7:21 PM, Dunn said:

yeah no complaints bro....for the money and ease of installing one of best things I could have done

I also installed hi beams too but haven't really used them yet....

What model did you get for your high beams?

I screwed up and bought the H11 low beam / 9005 high beam kit which is wrong! Changed from the 2019 Silverado 2500HD. I could not find the bulb size/model in the owner's manual, but just saw an Amazon review that said the 2020 2500HD high beam is a H9. But from what I'm seeing advertised the H11/H9/H8 are all the same and are for low beams... ? I guess one product description does say the H11/H9/H8 can be used for either high/low/fog as long as the bulb type matches. I might try the H11 bulbs I was going to send back for high beams.

I installed the 60W LED H11 for the high beam and they aren't really any brighter, just have a wide pattern as the high beam.

Edit: Actually the Amazon vehicle fit helper and a seller both say the 9005 will fit the high beams, but it does not.

Edit again, because I don't even remember that it was posted earlier that the high beams are H9.

Edited by SkidooSteve12
Added more info

I just installed the 2020HD LTZ headlights in my LT ($600ea. off ebay). I was hoping everything other than the DRL's would work just plugging them in. NOPE. The only lights that work are the amber bulbs. Anybody have the pinout for the LTZ's and what wires do what. 

11 minutes ago, Z1500 said:

I just installed the 2020HD LTZ headlights in my LT ($600ea. off ebay). I was hoping everything other than the DRL's would work just plugging them in. NOPE. The only lights that work are the amber bulbs. Anybody have the pinout for the LTZ's and what wires do what. 

Posts from earlier in this thread.

yeah i believe they are the same as i was looking at that too..everything i saw said its same so just bought another set.....I think its the reflection in housing thats different.....they work fine and high beams throw out way more and higher than lows....everything seems pretty normal so not questioning it much

my DRL work fine as well....again am not getting any warning signals on DIC either so really just a plug and play system....for $100 and no headaches i cant complain

Edited by Dunn

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, Mikeysentra said:

I upgraded the LT headlights in my 2020 3500 LT to a set of H11 LED bulbs designed for Reflector headlights.  I bought the bulbs from here https://deautokey.com/product/headlight-leds-for-reflector-housing-halogen-housing-fits-many-cars-including-vw-audi-jeep 

Vary happy with the light output and matches the LED fog lights well.  they aren't the cheapest bulbs but they are of good Quality and designed for reflector Headlights.  I have been using there products on my VW's for a few years and haven't had any issues.  customer service is great also.  

did you have to buy the plug and play resistors 

On 7/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, Z1500 said:

I’m looking at a few sets on eBay, but they all have broken or cracked tabs. Did you have broken tabs on yours and were you still able to mount them properly? 

40 minutes ago, 20Chev said:

I’m looking at a few sets on eBay, but they all have broken or cracked tabs. Did you have broken tabs on yours and were you still able to mount them properly? 

The set I got had no broken tabs so I'm not sure.

alright so im doing the swap from the Custom trim headlight housings on a 2500HD to the H.C/LTZ LED headlight housings. i got them both off eBay for decent prices and have also went ahead and purchased the harness from Gen5DIY. the only question i have is the new LED housings I ordered did not come with the ballast with them. does anybody know what the part number is for the part that I am missing? is there anything else that I might need? I've taken apart the grille before to paint my Chevrolet script red before so i dont have any problems with that. just want to make sure i have everything i need.

is this the led ballast i am going to need? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303635260937

or is this the one? need some guidance here...

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-high-intensity-discharge-lighting-ballast-22853757/?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsLWxpZ2h0aW5nLWFuZC1ib2R5JnM9bGlnaHRpbmctZXh0ZXJpb3ImaT1HSDE1MDUwNSZyPTEwJmE9Y2hldnJvbGV0Jm89c2lsdmVyYWRvLTI1MDAtaGQmeT0yMDIwJnQ9bHR6JmU9Ni02bC12OC1nYXM%3D

Edited by zurqq

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 10:43 PM, SkidooSteve12 said:

What model did you get for your high beams?

I screwed up and bought the H11 low beam / 9005 high beam kit which is wrong! Changed from the 2019 Silverado 2500HD. I could not find the bulb size/model in the owner's manual, but just saw an Amazon review that said the 2020 2500HD high beam is a H9. But from what I'm seeing advertised the H11/H9/H8 are all the same and are for low beams... ? I guess one product description does say the H11/H9/H8 can be used for either high/low/fog as long as the bulb type matches. I might try the H11 bulbs I was going to send back for high beams.

I installed the 60W LED H11 for the high beam and they aren't really any brighter, just have a wide pattern as the high beam.

Edit: Actually the Amazon vehicle fit helper and a seller both say the 9005 will fit the high beams, but it does not.

Edit again, because I don't even remember that it was posted earlier that the high beams are H9.

Thank you my friend, without you I couldn't have done the High Beam since you have been the only one in the internet to know they were H9.

So for everyone else looking,

2020 Silverado 2500HD

Low Beam: H11

High Beam: H9

Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NPMV1H5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HZ7HFb0Y1516J

Pictures of my truck:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pFGxbhLrMznz8Rxb6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/5cU76s33RU2EKmHe9

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 12:54 AM, ladin said:

Hi everyone, I installed my LED headlights on my 2020 Silverado HD Custom, I purchased my headlights from a guy outside ebay but he was offering the headlights on ebay originally, I order the harness from  gen5diy here is the link to order the harness https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-plug-play-harnesses/products/19-20-silverado-led-headlight-harness the only problem I found is that when you turn the signals does not turn off the day time running LED's like in the LTZ or the High Country ( but I think is not the relay is probably the configuration of the truck because it was not made for the Led's) But other than that they work great, I'm very happy with this upgrade to my truck.

How to do the install: I found a video from the guys at Frontier Truck Gear for how to remove the grill  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcHwBJZDTWI I did the installation in about an hour with the help of my brother

make sure to attach the relays to the body of the truck.

thumbnail_IMG_5250.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5236.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5230.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5223.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5222.jpg

Can you share the vendor you purchased from?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 8:13 PM, Dunn said:

yeah i believe they are the same as i was looking at that too..everything i saw said its same so just bought another set.....I think its the reflection in housing thats different.....they work fine and high beams throw out way more and higher than lows....everything seems pretty normal so not questioning it much

my DRL work fine as well....again am not getting any warning signals on DIC either so really just a plug and play system....for $100 and no headaches i cant complain

So you have Sealight Laxmas H11 in both your High and Low beams? And didnt have to add a resistor or canbus to the high beams for the DRL to work properly? Im about to pull the trigger on a set of 4 Laxmas H11/H9/H8 LED bulbs for my 2020 LT 3500. Just wanna make sure I dont need any extra additions to make it work properly... 

I installed the morimoto 2stroke 3.0 they weren’t cheap but they work great. The light pattern is amazing. I don’t get flashed from oncoming cars they fit in the housing and they work with the DRLs lower voltage. I did two sets of H11s low beam and high beam. The color matches the fog lights perfectly. They have a crisp factory look. Doesn’t look like some cheap aftermarket kit like most of the ones on Amazon. By far a great improvement in visibility they don’t put out as many lumens as some other company’s claim but I’ll deal with that to not blind oncoming traffic.