Changing from halogen to LED headlights on LT, Custom, or WT trims

4 minutes ago, Stephen Foster said:

I installed the morimoto 2stroke 3.0 they weren’t cheap but they work great. The light pattern is amazing. I don’t get flashed from oncoming cars they fit in the housing and they work with the DRLs lower voltage. I did two sets of H11s low beam and high beam. The color matches the fog lights perfectly. They have a crisp factory look. Doesn’t look like some cheap aftermarket kit like most of the ones on Amazon. By far a great improvement in visibility they don’t put out as many lumens as some other company’s claim but I’ll deal with that to not blind oncoming traffic. 

Cool, thanks for the info! ill look into those.

20 hours ago, Swerve83 said:

So you have Sealight Laxmas H11 in both your High and Low beams? And didnt have to add a resistor or canbus to the high beams for the DRL to work properly? Im about to pull the trigger on a set of 4 Laxmas H11/H9/H8 LED bulbs for my 2020 LT 3500. Just wanna make sure I dont need any extra additions to make it work properly... 

correct and no nothing but what they sent plug and play......been months and no issues and lighting is way better than stock fo sure.....am sure there are plenty of companies this is just one i went with....but everything works perfectly and lighting is almost identical to my 2019 RST that had LED from factory

Edited by Dunn

59 minutes ago, Dunn said:

correct and no nothing but what they sent plug and play......been months and no issues and lighting is way better than stock fo sure.....am sure there are plenty of companies this is just one i went with....but everything works perfectly and lighting is almost identical to my 2019 RST that had LED from factory

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! 

• 2 months later...

pretty positive there is no difference between 20 and 21 trims......i think even my lights were good for previous years 

there are a ton of manufacturers for lights, i do believe LT now has an option for LED headlamps in 21 model if you get specific pkg

• 3 weeks later...

Does any know if there is any  physical difference between the Tail Lights Silverado 1500 vs the 2500.   I noticed the replacement of the non LED reference compatibility with the 1500 and 2500.  I am assuming it is the same for the LED version.

Does anyone have any updates on their OEM LED conversion? Are the turn signals working properly with the DRL? I really want to do this but it's going to easily cost $1500 so I would like the full functionality of the headlights. 

Also has anyone had trouble with their warranty after doing this conversion?  I have a lifetime warranty and would hate to lose it...

On 3/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, antvan21 said:

Does anyone have any updates on their OEM LED conversion? Are the turn signals working properly with the DRL? I really want to do this but it's going to easily cost $1500 so I would like the full functionality of the headlights. 

Also has anyone had trouble with their warranty after doing this conversion?  I have a lifetime warranty and would hate to lose it...

I have done the conversion on the Head lights, just waiting for the tails lights/W harness to arrive to complete the process.  The LED DRLs replace the non led DRL on the new head lights,  the upper DRL(on the non LEDs) is just a blinker on the conversions.  Other than that all is working fine.  Once you have the new LEDs Headlight assm, I would change the blinker from non led to LED.  it looks that much better.

If you are worried about warranty just save your old headlights and switch when you send it in for major service ( it only takes an hour or two).   As far as the cost you should be able to do this for under $900 if you use Ebay.  If you sell you old headlights you can cut that in half.

By the way how did you get life time warranty?

good luck 

Edited by KTDanforth

On 3/18/2021 at 2:11 PM, KTDanforth said:

Does any know if there is any  physical difference between the Tail Lights Silverado 1500 vs the 2500.   I noticed the replacement of the non LED reference compatibility with the 1500 and 2500.  I am assuming it is the same for the LED version.

Just as a follow up, the 1500s as the same as the 2500s,  I upscaled my LTs non LED Tail light to FULL LED units advertised as from a 1500 2019-20+ module.

On 7/10/2020 at 8:26 AM, SkidooSteve12 said:

Pictures from when I changed the low beams the other day. The inner wheel liner is unscrewed with a T15 bit. I took out the front 3 on the edge and the front lower middle screw. This gave me plenty of room to get in there while having the tire turned out of the way. Rubber plug pulls out, turn the bulb to release, unplug it and plug in the replacement bulb. Reverse steps and enjoy!

IMG_20200707_1.jpg

Top hole is the low beam, stock halogen bulb

IMG_20200707_2.jpg

New LED light

IMG_20200707_3.jpg

Stock halogen light

IMG_20200707_4.jpg

Stock vs LED

IMG_20200707_5.jpg

I don't like that LED pattern and returning it for a different LED model. But I think the driver's side LED matched the halogen pattern. Going to test them again when I swap in the new LED model.

IMG_20200707_6.jpg

Rubber dust covers

IMG_20200707_7.jpg

Plenty of room to work with the wheel liner pulled back and tire turned. Putting the wheel liner back into the plastic fender flare took longer than swapping the light out of the socket.

IMG_20200707_8.jpg

Driver's side light access

IMG_20200707_9.jpg

Aftermarket LED light installed

IMG_20200707_10.jpg

How do you get your orange indicator lights to stay on? Mine only come on and work as a blinker. 

2 hours ago, Duramax85 said:

How do you get your orange indicator lights to stay on? Mine only come on and work as a blinker. 

For the pictures in the garage I just turned them on with the light switch knob. At night they should stay on automatically along with the headlights.

I can’t get the to do anything besides work as a blinker. They don’t come on with headlights or with the parking light switch. Is this a design flaw or is something wrong with my truck? I’d like the lights to work as designed. 

2 hours ago, Duramax85 said:

I can’t get the to do anything besides work as a blinker. They don’t come on with headlights or with the parking light switch. Is this a design flaw or is something wrong with my truck? I’d like the lights to work as designed. 

Can you provide more detail, did you upgrade just the bulbs or the whole lens assembly? 

4 hours ago, KTDanforth said:

Can you provide more detail, did you upgrade just the bulbs or the whole lens assembly? 

It doesn’t work with original bulbs in place either.