Changing from halogen to LED headlights on LT, Custom, or WT trims

1 hour ago, Mikeysentra said:

Yes I only did the low Beam H11's.  I will look again but I am sure the low beams are the DRL!

That’s what I thought, but the company told me different. I am on the other side of the country for another 10 days so I can’t check. I would like to get them ordered so they are there when I get home to install. 

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, F15DOC said:

Any updates on upgraded LED headlights?

Also, what is the difference in the taillights between the LT and the LTZ? It mentions something about LED and Signature?

The order guide says:

WT, Custom and LT -  Headlamps, halogen reflector with halogen Daytime Running Lamps

LTZ, High Country -  Headlamps, LED reflector (high intensity) with LED signature curtain Daytime Running Lamps

Verifies that the higher trims are LED headlamps

(There are no RPO codes listed) 

For taillights they are mixed differently:

WT and LT - Taillamps, with incandescent tail, stop and reverse lights

Custom, LTZ and High Country - Taillamps, LED with signature 

For sierra

On Base and SLE -

Headlamps, LED reflector with incandescent turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps

Taillamps, LED tail and stop light, with incandescent reverse light

On SLT AT4 and Denali - 

Headlamps, LED reflector (high intensity) with LED turn signals and LED signature Daytime Running Lamps

Taillamps, LED signature taillight, with LED stop and reverse light

Edited by redwngr

• 3 weeks later...

Just switched out to LED on my low beams(H11). I went with the Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 LED headlight bulbs. Pretty easy to install, just 6 screws to take out and you can pull back the liner to get to the lamps. Took me about half an hour to switch out both. Morimoto’s website claimed they are designed for reflector type headlights, and they work great on my Custom! There is a clear cut off line on the light, looks just like the stock lamps, just much brighter. Doesn’t look like the light scatters at all, don’t think I’ll have an issue with blinding other people on the road. 

I’m going to buy the same type of lamp for my high beams and see how they work out. They are H9’s, couldn’t find that info anywhere online, so I checked when I opened up the wheel liner. Hope this info helps anyone else looking to do the switch to LED.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now that you have had them for awhile, still seem like the right choice GUNP? If so, I am going to do the same.

#1 question is whether the color on low beam matches fogs... I hate they they are different

and #2 question is the fitment, multiple folks like the build quality but state that they fit loosely and things needed to be altered for a snug fit, did you have that experience on the 2020HA?

Here is the one on eBay that I am referring to:

there is a 9005 and 9006?? not sure what that is about.

Where did you purchase yours?

https://www.amazon.com/9005-Morimoto-2Stroke-2-0-Headlights/dp/B07N9661Y3/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C8TBYSPV65MAFRF5VN6D

• 4 weeks later...

Question for you guys

i have a 2020 chevy Silverado 2500hd custom

and i like to replace the headlights wich are halogen to led? The dealership told me they canot do it,so im thinking about do it my self I find a pair on ebay but im not sure if its plug and play.thanks

Question for you guys
i have a 2020 chevy Silverado 2500hd custom
and i like to replace the headlights wich are halogen to led? The dealership told me they canot do it,so im thinking about do it my self I find a pair on ebay but im not sure if its plug and play.thanks
Have to be careful cause if the reflector isn't part of the headlight assembly u will blind traffic....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

So I just finished replacing the halogen headlights on my 2500 Custom with the LTZ/High Country OEM LED assembly.   I found a set on eBay, and then purchased a plug-and-play harness adapter from Gen5diy ($250).  Once I got the grill and trim off (that took some figuring out), it was pretty simple to change them out, and quality is much better.  You can’t plug the LEDs into the standard harness as the resistance is different and will cause an electrical fault indication.  The wiring adapter has a resistor and a small fuse box which require mounting near the headlight-this allows for the adaptation.

Anyway, it’s a great alternative to dropping an extra $20k for a trim that has the LED headlights.  
     Next step is to install fog lights.

F298467B-7DF5-4DE2-BB82-B91025487308.jpeg

91439DC1-CA42-4F97-A0DD-481A6D2292C1.jpeg

44A02629-28E7-4A44-BA60-D44E2481F875.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, Chris Haley said:

and then purchased a plug-and-play harness adapter from Gen5diy ($250).  

Do you have a link for this harness? I can not find it on the website. It only appears to go up to 2019.

1 hour ago, eagle4495 said:

Do you have a link for this harness? I can not find it on the website. It only appears to go up to 2019.

This is what I ordered, or what I took from his post. But I could be wrong. The description says it works for HD models as well.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-plug-play-harnesses/products/19-20-silverado-led-headlight-harness