Selling 2019 LTZ

does anyone have any suggestions on what sites they have had luck with in posting their vehicles for sale? I am selling my loaded out 2019 LTZ Z71 with 4,300 miles.  ( Birmingham Alabama). Selling to double up payments on wife’s car. 

06D0EDE1-7562-46E9-ABF0-6FB98D2F642F.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mountain boy said:

Right now dealers have nothing to sell, it would be worth stopping by one.

Must be small dealers then lol. Locals here have a more than a 100 in stock.

Carmax will also buy, they could give you a decent offer.

• Like 1

Depending on how much you need to get out of it, you’ll have better luck with certain websites.

Last year I sold our 2015 Traverse to Carvana. They offered a good price on it and they come to you to pick it up. They handled the paperwork and payoff right there on the spot and cut you a check for the balance.

• 3 weeks later...

That's a beautiful truck but it's going to hurt. I'm selling a 2017 Chevy truck loaded with 28000 miles on it and the offers I'm getting are not what I need to have. And the dealer well he wants me to take a $21000 bath on it. Right now the used truck market is soft because the new truck are priced so well. 

55 minutes ago, mcgee500 said:

That's a beautiful truck but it's going to hurt. I'm selling a 2017 Chevy truck loaded with 28000 miles on it and the offers I'm getting are not what I need to have. And the dealer well he wants me to take a $21000 bath on it. Right now the used truck market is soft because the new truck are priced so well. 

If that is the case, why are they trying to sell used pickups more than new ones?

That is the case in my area.

Not more but near. One salesman told me it's easier to get a used car loan than a new car loan. Maybe it's that. On my case I can't take a $21000 beating on my 2017 truck. I want a 2020 Truck but if I order it the price before sales tax in right around $53000. That 2019 truck of your is a great looking truck but selling one with less than 20,000 miles maybe a hard sell. But I do wish you the best of luck!

I see you posted this on the 7th have you sold it yet?  I think the previous replies cover it pretty well, but the question or crossroads of (i) how soon do you need to sell it - x - (ii) how much do you need to get, will ultimately drive the method.

1) I had an Ad in auto trader for a car I was selling, turned out the first call (only call) I got was from a local car dealership that wanted to buy it, apparently it met the criteria (make, model, year, mileage) that made it profitable for them based on my asking price in the ad.  but in any case, i was surprised that it was a local dealer that wanted it.  Be aware if you place an Ad in Auto Trader you are going to get a bunch of calls from companies that want to sell you their service, for auto re-sales. They don't want to buy your truck, they want you to give them  $150 to market it.  It can be really irritating. 

2) Once upon a time, I had a 2012 Corvette.  I decided to sell it, went to CarMax and the price they offered was $5K lower than what I was eventually able to sell it to a local chevy dealer later

3) You can pretty much drive up to any car dealership, ask for the Used Car Sales Manager, and let them know you have a XYZ you are trying to sell, and if they'd be interested in making a "sale appraisal" on it, for you selling it to them without making trade-in.  Try it at 3-5 dealerships, you might be pleasantly surprised by 1 of them. 

Depending on how much you need to get out of it, you’ll have better luck with certain websites.

Last year I sold our 2015 Traverse to Carvana. They offered a good price on it and they come to you to pick it up. They handled the paperwork and payoff right there on the spot and cut you a check for the balance.
Same here on a 16 Traverse. Carvana can give really good values with minimal work - just pick out a new car and they will appraise your trade into the deal. We got 2k more from a local dealer who matched their offer. Also check givemethevin.com - they will beat carmax or give you $100, or so they say. Youre gonna lose on a 19 with all the discounts now - new ones are almost 15k off here now...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk