White Frost Tricoat Paint Touchup?

Pturn

Is the white frost tricoat as miserable to match as the old white diamond?  Or am I best having the bumper repainted?  I received a nice chip last night on these beautiful Michigan roads. 

IMG_20191018_092058.jpg

38 minutes ago, Pturn said:

Is the white frost tricoat as miserable to match as the old white diamond?  Or am I best having the bumper repainted?  I received a nice chip last night on these beautiful Michigan roads. 

IMG_20191018_092058.jpg

Wow....that sucks.,  and winter hasn’t even started .  I’ve got a 2018 Sierra Denali in White Frost Tricoat as well and this sends shivers down my spine.  I had the front bumper wrapped in 3M Xpel to avoid this.  I’ve never looked into touch paint either, but would be nice to know that dealers do carry it.  Hope you get it resolved. 

Try Automotivetouchup.com.  They're here in Louisiana. I've always had a perfect metallic paint match using their paints through the years. Not sure about the match on the White Frost but they have it. It's the same code but they list their paints under different names. You may need primer touch up with it. Once touched up with the base coat, build the clear up then wet sand until flat with existing clear and buff. If you're not comfortable doing it, a good shop can. The site has how to videos and instructions. YouTube also has good chip touch up videos. Good luck.

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Amazon has Chevy's version, should be pretty close. ACDelco 19332031 Abalone White Tricoat (WA140X) Four-In-One Touch-Up Paint - .5 oz Pen

Wouldn't use a pen. Too big of a chip for a pen and won't make a nice job. I use the paint and get good brushes from a hobby/craft store or Hobby Lobby in different sizes and very fine and pointed. Sometimes the brush in bottle paint is too large for tiny chips or scratches. 

59 minutes ago, Pturn said:

GM sells it.  19367664.  Paint code is WA 140X.  GMC calls it White Frost Tricoat, Chevy calls it Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.  It is also called Abalone White Tricoat. 

39 minutes ago, sethro274 said:

They quit making the touch up paint for that color because of matching issues. It will be tough to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh...no.  No they didn't.  See above. 

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

Automotivetouchup calls it Abalone White. Same paint code and bigger bottles than the GM touch up. 

I just ordered from here and will hope for the best!  thanks

• Like 1

Got it, have it, tried it and used by itself works like crap!  Nothing more than iridescent colored snot, might work with a buildup to 20 coats, but cannot get good coverage of the primer coat used by itself.

A very close to perfect match can be had by first using a base coat of GM Summit White or Duplicolor Universal White and then two or three coats of that pearly transparent snot they call WA-140X.

Photo shows two heavy coats without white base shown over black plastic of the bottle.

DSCN0694.JPG

Edited by Thomcat

I did not go with the AC Delco I went with the 3 step automitvetouchup in bottles.  I probably wont have it for a few weeks but I'll take pictures and update.  Worst case I have to get the bumper painted any way and I'm only out $50.