Scratch won’t come out

Hello all! First post but I have been looking at these forums for a while now.

So long story short I just got a brand new 2019 Sierra 1500 about a month ago and just the other day I noticed a scratch in what I call the textured paint area by the rear wheel. So I tired scratch removers, tooth paste and pretty much every idea I came across on the internet.

My question is what else can I try? My last resort is that paint pen they sell in the service area but I feel like it would look weird with the textured paint

thanks for your help! Picture for showing the scratch 

EDIT: I have not dried using a polisher because I don’t have the tools for it. I only tried stuff that’s cheap and stuff around the household

AC618599-33DC-477A-9C89-6C60456472A9.jpeg

Edited by Bulkingallyear6

My Denali is in getting chips on the bed in front of rear tire repainted on both sides under warranty. I drove approximately 40 miles in the first 550 miles and counted over 20 chips of various sizes. At first they were a little reluctant to fix but the bed was a little out of alignment so they will repaint when realigning box.

• Like 1

Sucks that you picked up a scratch somehow.

That looks like it might be through the paint layer and into the primer....so I agree with a Dr. Colorchip or other touch-up paint kit. 

I had scratched my Enclave in almost the same spot one time and touched it up.  I didn't do a great job up close, but since the scratch is really out of your line-of-sight, I don't think you would notice it if you did even a mediocre job of touch-up.

20 hours ago, wurgs said:

My Denali is in getting chips on the bed in front of rear tire repainted on both sides under warranty. I drove approximately 40 miles in the first 550 miles and counted over 20 chips of various sizes. At first they were a little reluctant to fix but the bed was a little out of alignment so they will repaint when realigning box.

Unfortunately my bed isn’t out of aligned because I would of definitely try that method lol. But that’s good that your getting it taken care of.

Yea I was super upset when I saw the scratch but I’m praying the dr color chip will work. I ordered it earlier this week and I’ll update the post with pictures once I use it

Dr. Colorchip might work, may need to make several applications IE let the paint dry and add more because that's a pretty deep scratch... A good body shop can fix it for you by repainting the bed side, will prob run you $500... Had to have my front fender repainted because I got too aggressive trying to buff out a scratch and burned through the clear coat..

On 11/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, Bulkingallyear6 said:

Hello all! First post but I have been looking at these forums for a while now.

So long story short I just got a brand new 2019 Sierra 1500 about a month ago and just the other day I noticed a scratch in what I call the textured paint area by the rear wheel. So I tired scratch removers, tooth paste and pretty much every idea I came across on the internet.

My question is what else can I try? My last resort is that paint pen they sell in the service area but I feel like it would look weird with the textured paint

thanks for your help! Picture for showing the scratch 

EDIT: I have not dried using a polisher because I don’t have the tools for it. I only tried stuff that’s cheap and stuff around the household

AC618599-33DC-477A-9C89-6C60456472A9.jpeg

Did you try a mister clean magic eraser?  if that doesn't work, 3M makes a clearcoat scratch remover pen that works quite well.  is similar to this.  https://www.carwerkz.com/products/fix-it-pro-clear-coat-scratch-repair-filler-and-sealer-car-paint-scratches

1 hour ago, 19 Denali ultimate said:

Did you try a mister clean magic eraser?  if that doesn't work, 3M makes a clearcoat scratch remover pen that works quite well.  is similar to this.  https://www.carwerkz.com/products/fix-it-pro-clear-coat-scratch-repair-filler-and-sealer-car-paint-scratches

Magic eraser lol? It's not a scuff it's a "scratch" through the clear an possibly through the base and primer. Eraser won't put color back or fill.

1 hour ago, Bulkingallyear6 said:

Yea I tried a scrubbier before and nada lol. Unfortunately I can feel the scratch so the dr colorchip is my only hope. Still waiting on it to be delivered so I can try it

Looking forward to your review...

UPDATE!

I finally got in the dr colorchip and I did a test to see if it worked. It actually did pretty good the first time, but I do have to do another pass because one part is deeper then the rest. The instructions were very clear. I did mess up but that was my own fault, put to much paint on it. I will update in a day or two when I put a 2 second coat on it. First picture is the original and the second one is after the first coat

366FEB5F-3F30-4AB4-96DE-63AAC97F0298.jpeg

99AD3588-DF28-4904-89A8-15337D38A322.jpeg