What Is This Ringing?

Does anyone know what this ringing noise might be or has experienced it themselves?

What you are listening to in the sound clip below is the truck cruising at 40mph and going over some bumps. I lightly press the accelerator pedal around the 2s mark and lift off around the 8s mark. Coincidentally, you can hear a metallic ringing at 2s mark that ends at 8s mark. It usually starts with a squeal and turns into a ringing. I can get it to happen repeatedly. It only happens while cruising and application of light throttle. Doesn’t happen with heavy throttle.

I plan to show it to service on my next oil change. Appreciate any input.

Ringing.mp3

Edited by truck_newbie

41 minutes ago, bshort said:

I hear nothing but sections of roadway.  

28 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

What ringing????  I here a little thumping but no "ringing".  What's your definition of ringing?

I should probably have mentioned it's more discernible on headphones. It's not louder than the road noise but it's there starting at the 2s mark. In the recording, it almost sounds like the noise crickets make. In the truck however, it sounds more like ringing. Hope this helps identify it. 

26 minutes ago, bshort said:

Might want to read the 50+ pages of jingle jingle.  

I unfortunately did read that whole thread. I don't believe it's related to what i'm hearing. There was a guy (forgot his name) who provided a recording of the jingle and i confirmed it's not what i'm hearing on mine. The conditions that cause mine to happen is different too.  

A co-worker of mine who can hear it pointed out something to me that i hadn't thought of. He said the ringing is fairly high frequency and that some people can't hear that high. I obviously don't mean any disrespect by that. Will definitely need to keep that in mind when i play it for the techs. Thanks to everyone who gave it a shot. 

3 hours ago, truck_newbie said:

A co-worker of mine who can hear it pointed out something to me that i hadn't thought of. He said the ringing is fairly high frequency and that some people can't hear that high. I obviously don't mean any disrespect by that. Will definitely need to keep that in mind when i play it for the techs. Thanks to everyone who gave it a shot. 

LoL!

I hear crickets 24/7!?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

LoL!

I hear crickets 24/7!?

Crickets chirp frequency is a wide range of 2KHz to 8KHz from a quick google search. Doing some sound analysis on the recording, as far as i can tell, the ringing is around 9KHz. I'm curious if you were able to hear any ringing at all in the recording. Try listening above the road noise, if that makes sense. 

BTW, this is not meant to be a hearing competency test, lol. I'm just trying to figure out where this sound is coming from. 

• 3 months later...

Alright folks, one last attempt. This time around, I recorded it with the mic outside the truck which I think is clearer. Previous recording was done from inside the cabin. As before, it's more discernible with headphones. Please give it a listen if you can. I appreciate any input. Thanks.