Wireless Remote Start

I purchased a 2019 SLT. Part of the buying process was doing the orientation call with OnStar and setting up the myGMC app including remote start through that app. My question is, is wireless remote start free once my onStar trial subscription runs out, or do I have to subscribe to a plan?

33 minutes ago, Raybaby said:

It is not free have to have plan with onstar

remote access was 14.99 per month last time I checked.

I'm one of the lucky ones that got 5 years free when I purchased. I will not be paying them anything for it after next June. I hope enough people complain and they don't make any money off it.

I'm a buyer if they would offer a one-time lifetime subscription or maybe under $5 per month.

Confusion exists about this because it used to be free for about 5 years, even after after the free trial period was over.

Sometime in about spring of 2018 it was changed.

If you have one built/sold before then it has the 5 year free.

(mine purchased fall 2017 is on the free plan, BIL has an '18 purchased middle of 2018 and it is 'pay' only.)

This means that the 2019/20's will all be on the subscription only program.

Edited by redwngr

I thought it was all subscription based, but the paperwork I signed at the dealership when I picked up my 2019 High Country said the remote services were included for 10 years. I've not had it 30 days yet... so time will tell.

58 minutes ago, jgisonfire said:

I thought it was all subscription based, but the paperwork I signed at the dealership when I picked up my 2019 High Country said the remote services were included for 10 years. I've not had it 30 days yet... so time will tell.

Check the wording...   "Connected Access" is free for 10 years.  "Connected Services" are a fee...

Connected Access gives you the monthly status report, reminders on Service, and Smart Driver....     

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chris Callanan said:

Check the wording...   "Connected Access" is free for 10 years.  "Connected Services" are a fee...

Connected Access gives you the monthly status report, reminders on Service, and Smart Driver....     

It was "connected access" I'll have to double check the fine print and see. Wouldn't be the first or last time a sales person was wrong about what something was.Thanks for the heads up!

6 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

Yes, said 150 is too much, but I need remote start only, what can you do ... They said $99

good to know.  I used Chevy Rewards points to pay for 6 months worth, but will take them up on the $99 if I can get it when that expires.

I love being able to have Alexa (via my Amazon Echo) start my truck while im getting ready!!!

If you do nothing after 3 months OnStar will automatically start billing your credit card on file for $34.95 + tax per month. Just called and cancelled this automatic billing bull$hit and insisted a refund or I'd cancel the existing OnStar subscription altogether for all my vehicles. They were nice about it and credited a refund.

I don't mind the base $5/month for 100 minutes for basic phone service when I don't bother to carry a cell phone but not another $30/mo per vehicle for remote start which is a on my keyfob or lockout/tire/gas protection which is provided under the warranty. Never locked my keys in  a car in 50 years and can't now anyway with keyless entry on all 3 because the vehicles chirp and won't lock the driver's door if the keyfob accidentally is left in the car.

• Like 1