When do you think we'll see the 2021 Silverado?

HBKidJr

Asking because I'm looking to buy, but I'd like to wait to see what the changes for the 2021 will be before I do. I'd hate to buy a new truck and it be out of date a year (or less) later. If there aren't big changes, I'd go ahead and make the jump. I'm not a big fan of the "let's just sit an iPad on the dash" interiors, so if the Silverado gets the SUV interior, I'd go ahead and purchase.

If you need a truck now, just buy one. Can probably get a killer deal on a 19. You’d be overpaying on a 2021 unless you wait like another year and a half. And that’s assuming the ‘21 is even the refresh year which I don’t believe to be the case.

Otherwise what...you’re waiting 2+ years for a 2022, while driving your current “outdated” vehicle anyway. By that logic, just don’t bother because these things go out of date every year!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBKidJr said:

Asking because I'm looking to buy, but I'd like to wait to see what the changes for the 2021 will be before I do. I'd hate to buy a new truck and it be out of date a year (or less) later. If there aren't big changes, I'd go ahead and make the jump. I'm not a big fan of the "let's just sit an iPad on the dash" interiors, so if the Silverado gets the SUV interior, I'd go ahead and purchase.

EXACTLY what I was wondering a few weeks ago. I sold my 19 Silverado in October because of issues and told myself that I was going to wait until the 2021 year model is released. I have gone 2 months without my truck and didn't realize until now how much I used it. I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered me a 2020 last week. I would like to wait until the refresh but I cant wait another 8-10 months.

3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

And that’s assuming the ‘21 is even the refresh year which I don’t believe to be the case.

This. It's not even close to safe to assume there will be any kind of material refresh in 2021. See: Ford F-150. What's the real differences from a 2018 to a 2020? Hardly anything, and even the 2017s are like the 2020s, besides the grill. 

Anyone betting on the 2021 SUV interiors to make their way into the trucks is losing that bet, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Bigguy214 said:

Just buy one now.You won’t get any kind of deal on a 2021 until at least April or may of 2022 I don’t know why you would post something so far away lmao

Charles Schwalb says you should plan 2-3 years ahead for big purchases. ?

• Haha 1

yeah if that's case for sure, get a 2019 even for better price.....thought you had a plan for 2021

I bought 2019 few months ago just for discount, I don't care even if they are updated a hair, just want best deal.....3-4 yrs out is along time, but everyone is different so I thought you had your heart set....

never buy new model right when it comes out unless disposable income is such where it doesn't matter, doubt I will ever be in that boat and even still paying less for same truck makes more sense to me...but some don't care and want what they want so

Edited by Dunn

While 2021 may (keyword) see some interior updates, 2020 has seen significant mechanical/feature updates over 2019. The 5.3 & 10-speed combo, wider availability of the 6.2, 3.0 diesel engine, and adaptive cruise control, to name some big ones. Most likely 2021 won't see any more major mechanical update like these. The complete disappearance of the 8-speed trans, would be the most likely if anything.

Because of this, I think there is a significant reason to pick a 2020 over a 2019. But the jury is still out on a 2021 over a 2020.