GM Interest rates across different dealers? any 0% for the 2500's?

Hey everyone,

For the purpose of discussion, let's assume this is all based off of Tier 1 rates, to keep different credit ratings out of the picture for simplicity.

As far as the rates dealers offer, for financing through GM Financial, is it going to stay the same across different dealers? Also specifically referring to the new 2500HD's.

I noticed on the Chevy main website they show a current offer of 0% for 72 months for the 1500's but nothing for the 2500's, it just says see dealer for details. 

Has anyone here recently got approved for 0% financing on the new 2500's?

Some dealers I've reached out to give me numbers in the 3-4% range for minimums, some dealers say 0%. Some don't want to answer until they run my credit (yeah no thanks, not until they tell me what is potentially possible). 

Curious what you current 2500 owners are seeing on these new 2020 models.

My credit union currently has a low of 2.99%, so I'm using that as a baseline to compare. 

Zero percent usually costs you some other cash incentive, so it is not really zero percent.  My dad just bought a Chevy 1/2 ton on New Years eve, and zero per percent was on the table, but he had to choose between that and a different cash incentive.  It was the same with the 3500 I bought last June. 

Thanks, that all makes sense. I also kind of answered my own question when the dealer finally responded with a real answer.

I had asked what rates they currently offer and they told me I had to fill out a pre-approval. Nope not gonna happen. I just want to know what is POSSIBLE!

Then they said they don’t deal in hypothetical numbers and they need to see my credit.
Then they finally responded that the lowest rates they have are as low as 0%.

Now, this entire time they knew very well I was only interested in 2500’s.

So I asked if the 0% was for the 2500’s as well, they said no that would be as low as 2.99%.

Now that wasn’t so hard was it people!

But they made it very clear they can’t guarantee that rate until they run my credit. No Sh!t

Goodness people! This was all through email, dealerships... why do you have to be so difficult.

Then I had asked what the current money factor was on any lease options. They said they can’t do leases on the 2500’s. I told them I’ve gotten numbers from other dealers and now they say OK come in and we can work something out.

So done with this dealer! They have a truck that matches 95% of the options I want, I need to find another dealer to do a dealer trade with them so I don’t have to deal with them.

Ok I’m done complaining now :)

• Thanks 1

0% on 2019 2500's.

Probably won't see a lot of incentives added to the new HD's until the initial demand bump works thru --- and til the majority of the 2019's disappear.

Yeah makes sense, it’s not like the 2020’s are old news yet haha.

I’m completely ok with 2.99% my CU offers, but obviously lower never hurts