Weather App

rick08

Thanks for all the responses. If connected via car play would that give you the wifi hotspot to run the weather app.?

I called on star yesterday to subscribe for weather and connected nav. From what the onstar rep told me, you’ll have to purchase an onstar package with the features you want AND a data package to use those features. Your phones WiFi will not work for connected apps. They wanted to charge me $59 (39.99 for onstar and 19.99 for ATT). I passed on that offer. They magically had a rebate for $10 discount. Still wasn’t worth it for me. In previous years siriusxm was the source for nav and traffic but on the newer trucks it’s all onstar. A little too pricey for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, PhilB said:

I have ATT for my cell phone service.  My data plan is a family plan so I can share my data with my truck.  I added my truck to my plan for $10/month.

I also have ATT. How did you share with your truck? I currently hotspot but it’s a pain in the butt. 

4 hours ago, Bob Ross said:

I also have ATT. How did you share with your truck? I currently hotspot but it’s a pain in the butt. 

I have a 15 Gb Family Plan with Rollover.  I went to the ATT store and had them add my truck to my data plan.  I think they used the vin to find the phone # for the truck.  If you are on an unlimited data plan, you will not be able to add your truck to your existing data plan.