8 speed fluid and filter change

So are you using Wix XP or the Amsoil oil filters?

Went back to Amsoil after two separate XP filters kept leaking requiring lots of over tightening. Bet it was due to the super lubricity of Amsoil on the outer filter ring lol!

Sent from Above

2 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Went back to Amsoil after two separate XP filters kept leaking requiring lots of over tightening. Bet it was due to the super lubricity of Amsoil lol!

Sent from Above

I've never had a leak on a Wix XP filter.  But I do notice lower oil pressure with them than I would expect.  I'm about to try out the EA filters.  

• Like 1

I've never had a leak on a Wix XP filter.  But I do notice lower oil pressure with them than I would expect.  I'm about to try out the EA filters.  

Same exact thing happened to me with the XP, freaked me out. Amsoil filters keep my oil pressure at approximately 37-43psi, 43-45 higher rpm [emoji6]

Sent from Above

Personally, I’ll NEVER switch again. Because I’m using Amsoil Filters I’ll be changing my oil every 5K miles. I know, should go longer, just me and how I do things. Got this from my Service Manager today, minimum oil pressures for my 6.2
fdfb1653f19714693c42c8d7b0b0320c.png

Sent from Above

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Personally, I’ll NEVER switch again. Because I’m using Amsoil Filters I’ll be changing my oil every 5K miles. I know, should go longer, just me and how I do things. Got this from my Service Manager today, minimum oil pressures for my 6.2
fdfb1653f19714693c42c8d7b0b0320c.png

Sent from Above

that's good to know.  

• Like 1

that's good to know.  

I told him I was getting 10psi higher at full throttle and he said that’s excellent [emoji1303] and also asked if I was still using Amsoil, I said absolutely, he said that was great. As long as I have receipts of my purchases then everything is good for just Incase GM wants to see oil change maintenance records in the event of any issues. HA, not while using Amsoil!

Taking it in next week for a Transmission checkup, he’ll be running diagnostics on it making sure everything is as it should be....

Btw, black02silverado is an Authorized Amsoil Dealer, excellent guy!

Sent from Above
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What’s makes amsoil products better compared to Lucas or what I’ve used for past 20 years, Mobil one, or what all reviews say nothing better than ac Delco

Is 10sp pretty much same as 8 speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a good idea discussing about it here, insecure Trolls from every crack and crevice pop out. Black02silverado would be the best to ask, he’s an expert in the field. Trolls complain whenever something is mentioned that’s not an over the counter product.

Sent from Above
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

I told him I was getting 10psi higher at full throttle and he said that’s excellent emoji1303.png and also asked if I was still using Amsoil, I said absolutely, he said that was great. As long as I have receipts of my purchases then everything is good for just Incase GM wants to see oil change maintenance records in the event of any issues. HA, not while using Amsoil!

Taking it in next week for a Transmission checkup, he’ll be running diagnostics on it making sure everything is as it should be....

Btw, black02silverado is an Authorized Amsoil Dealer, excellent guy!

Sent from Above

Yes, I've been using black02silverado for 6 years now for my Amsoil products.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What’s not an over the counter product? I’m lost, all those are name brands

If it’s sold at Walmart or at your local automotive parts store it’s an over the counter product. Ordering it and having it delivered to your door is not an over the counter product. Capeesh?

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

If it’s sold at Walmart or at your local automotive parts store it’s an over the counter product. Ordering it and having it delivered to your door is not an over the counter product. Capeesh?

Sent from Above

Capeesh

I live in small town america, when I say small I mean small, 500ppl, we have a gas station/auto parts/oil change/tire rotate store that still pumps your gas, he has an amsoil salesman, so to me it’s over the counter, he comes in every week, the station has 90 year olds that still swear by the stuff for every change, I just never knew what the draw was becuase it’s far more expensive than OTC

• Like 2

Capeesh

I live in small town america, when I say small I mean small, 500ppl, we have a gas station/auto parts/oil change/tire rotate store that still pumps your gas, he has an amsoil salesman, so to me it’s over the counter, he comes in every week, the station has 90 year olds that still swear by the stuff for every change, I just never knew what the draw was becuase it’s far more expensive than OTC

Gotcha. It’s for those that want to give the highest amount of protection available. It’s been around for years and still blows away everything in the market today in Engine Protection.

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

They can it be mixed with fluids already in the vehicle like if I do the filter change on the TB every 25k or so

Best you ask the pro, Black02silverado

Sent from Above