Add Wireless Charging

Depends on what you mean by easy.

There's driving to the dealer and trading it for a truck with wireless charging easy.

There's buying the console and all the parts inside for wireless charging easy.

There's buying a wireless charger, and modifying your existing console to hold it easy.

6 hours ago, davester said:

Depends on what you mean by easy.

There's driving to the dealer and trading it for a truck with wireless charging easy.

There's buying the console and all the parts inside for wireless charging easy.

There's buying a wireless charger, and modifying your existing console to hold it easy.

And then the easiest -  buying this handy tray with a built in wireless charger, placing in the center or arm console and plugging the connector into the nearby USB port. Less than 30 seconds to install and easily removed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VKLR1ZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

I would get this

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Qi-Certified-Charging-Compatible-Qi-Enabled/dp/B079KZ49PJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=wireless+charger&qid=1581865174&sprefix=wireless+&sr=8-3

And do this with it

I like to do thing the cheap way as long as it doesn't hender functionality and look.

Edited by Moend
  • Like 1

This is exactly why I’ll be buying the AT4 when I get my truck. I like the way the new Chevys look over the GMCs. Especially the LT Trail Boss and RST, but I feel for the money you get quite a bit more in the AT4 over the Trail Boss and  for whatever reason they typically discount the AT4s more than the Trail Boss locally so for about 1500-2000 more I can get wireless charging, ventilated seats, heated rear seats, multi pro tailgate, rear view camera mirror, 360 degree camera, heads up display and nicer instrument cluster adaptive cruise control. 

3 hours ago, Moend said:

I would get this

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Qi-Certified-Charging-Compatible-Qi-Enabled/dp/B079KZ49PJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=wireless+charger&qid=1581865174&sprefix=wireless+&sr=8-3

And do this with it

I like to do thing the cheap way as long as it doesn't hender functionality and look.

this is what I use.....my wireless disk works great but no AA 

6 hours ago, Moend said:

I would get this

And do this with it

Wont work with a 2019 trail boss

49 minutes ago, greco2003 said:

I use CarPlay too much to do this wireless charging is nice but listening to music quality seems better plugged in the over Bluetooth.

+1 The much touted "wireless charging" is very inefficient and is not worth exposing oneself to the as yet unknown health risks of EMF.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Wireless charging is so slow that I always plug it in if a charge/top-off is wanted.  

Longer drives give more time for the slower wireless charge to do it's thing, but the longer the drive, the more likely that AA or Carplay, will be in use -- so again the phone would be plugged in. 

• Like 1

I went the easy way and it keeps it hidden. Didn’t want to take apart my console to hide the wire. Just slipped it under the rubber mat and plugged it in. Haven’t had a problem with it connecting to it although I usually have my phone plugged in for car play. 

3B0CD8AA-C560-49EB-AA97-B34A6613C611.jpeg

737DD8A8-B184-4FA9-A609-04E4B25666A4.jpeg

• Like 2