I do a fair bit of traveling with my travel Trailer. Is there a way that you can disable your FOB so that someone cant enter your truck, or worse, start it and drive off while your sleeping in the Trailer attached or near your truck?

Little concerned that it could happen when I am disconnected in a park somewhere and some drunk kids let their ideas get the best of them. 

5 minutes ago, Trevor Porritt said:

I do a fair bit of traveling with my travel Trailer. Is there a way that you can disable your FOB so that someone cant enter your truck, or worse, start it and drive off while your sleeping in the Trailer attached or near your truck?

Little concerned that it could happen when I am disconnected in a park somewhere and some drunk kids let their ideas get the best of them. 

Guess I don't follow you.  If the fob is on your possession or near you how can someone enter your truck and drive off anyway?

The truck won’t start if the fob is not inside of it.
I guess it might be possible to unlock it if you have a fifth wheel and the fob is located in the forward most part of the trailer, over the top of the bed, but doubtful.
I have a bumper pull TT & even if the fob is located up front, it’s still not close enough to unlock anything on the truck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys,   I just bought the truck and have not had it hooked to my TT yet, just wanted to make sure someone couldn't get into it when we were camping.  I will keep the Fob at the rear so its over 20 feet away from the truck.

6 minutes ago, Ryno12 said:

The truck won’t start if the fob is not inside of it.
I guess it might be possible to unlock it if you have a fifth wheel and the fob is located in the forward most part of the trailer, over the top of the bed, but doubtful.
I have a bumper pull TT & even if the fob is located up front, it’s still not close enough to unlock anything on the truck.

Ditto and fob has to be detected inside cab to start.

I wonder if you can just go under the dash and find the immobilizer connection (BCM under the dash, green connector, pin 2. It is the green/purple wire) and just disconnect it so it kills the truck from starting. I don't think that will prevent you from locking and unlocking the truck but it will stop you from starting the truck due to it not reading the security status. I was playing with that on my silverado and even though I have an aftermarket remote start/alarm installed, if I disconnect one end of the bypass wire it will only allow me to turn on the accessories, I cannot start the truck.

I think you'' find that to unlock a door, the fob must be within about 3 feet of that door. 

As others posted, the fob must be in the vehicle for Keyless systems to start.

Ignition Positions
(Keyless Access)

Vehicles equipped with Keyless Access have pushbutton starting.
The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)  transmitter must be in the vehicle for
the system to operate. If the pushbutton start is not working, the
vehicle may be near a strong radio antenna signal causing interference

You can also disable the keyless unlocking

Disable/Enable Keyless Unlocking of Exterior Door Handles and Tailgate

If equipped, keyless unlocking of the exterior door handles and tailgate can be disabled and enabled.

Disabling Keyless Unlocking:
With the vehicle off, press and hold 'lock'  and 'unlock' on the RKE transmitter at the same time for approximately
three seconds.

The turn signal lamps will flash four times quickly to indicate access is disabled.

Using any exterior handle to unlock the doors or open the tailgate will cause the turn signal lamps to flash four
times quickly, indicating access is disabled.

If disabled, disarm the alarm system before starting the vehicle.

Enabling Keyless Unlocking:
With the vehicle off, press and hold 'lock' and 'unlock'  on the RKE transmitter at the same time for
approximately three seconds. 

The turn signal lamps will flash twice quickly to indicate access is enabled. 

If you want to go further, take the battery out of the FOB...and use the key hidden in the fob for access.

The fob will need to be placed in the spot in console that is used for starts when the fob battery is dead - unless you put battery back in fob every day. 

Starting the Vehicle with a Low Transmitter Battery 

If the transmitter battery is weak or if there is interference with the signal,
the DIC may display NO REMOTE DETECTED or NO REMOTE KEY WAS DETECTED PLACE KEY IN
TRANSMITTER POCKET THEN START YOUR VEHICLE when starting the vehicle.