Target Production Week Has Arrived!

My target production week has finally arrived!  Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes as planned and part shortages are not becoming an issue.

I ordered a 2020 Denali 3500HD Duramax, Short Box, in Dark Sky Metallic.  Notable options include:

• Denali Ultimate Package
  • Gooseneck/5th Wheel Package
  • High idle switch
  • Dual alternators
  • Body colour wheel arch mouldings
  • Trailer tire pressure sensors

If all goes well, hoping for a mid-April delivery.

• Like 2

How long did it take to get the target production week? I ordered mine (a 2020 Silverado 2500HD) on February 10th, still at a code 1100 (accepted by system) and when I inquired through Chevrolet.com today, they said there is no scheduled target production week at this time. Just curious how long you've been waiting. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, XY74 said:

I think it will be fine with parts.  My Chevy could be rolling down the line next to yours.  :)  

Agreed, I am not too concerned about the parts...yet ?

Congrats on your purchase.  Are you checking in at the end of the week to see if it has changed status?

47 minutes ago, dg2006 said:

How long did it take to get the target production week? I ordered mine (a 2020 Silverado 2500HD) on February 10th, still at a code 1100 (accepted by system) and when I inquired through Chevrolet.com today, they said there is no scheduled target production week at this time. Just curious how long you've been waiting. Thanks in advance.

Mine was pretty fast.  I ordered it on 1/30 and had a TPW within a couple of weeks, maybe faster.  As he was building it online, my dealer told me he put it in as a "priority".  I have no idea what that means or if it impacted it.

2 minutes ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

Mine was pretty fast.  I ordered it on 1/30 and had a TPW within a couple of weeks, maybe faster.  As he was building it online, my dealer told me he put it in as a "priority".  I have no idea what that means or if it impacted it.

Wow, that was fast. My salesman said mine was set for the next production cycle, whenever that will be he had no idea. Really hoping it’s soon. Guess I’ll check back with Chevy in a few days. Thanks for the fast response. 

I ordered my 2020 GMC 3500HD Denali with Duramax, Ultimate Package, Carbon Black Metallic, and Snow Plow Prep on February 19th. A few days later I checked on GMC chat and they said the order was accepted by GM. I checked the chat again on February 27th and they told me the TPW was March 16th. 

8 minutes ago, Pate Services said:

I ordered my 2020 GMC 3500HD Denali with Duramax, Ultimate Package, Carbon Black Metallic, and Snow Plow Prep on February 19th. A few days later I checked on GMC chat and they said the order was accepted by GM. I checked the chat again on February 27th and they told me the TPW was March 16th. 

Congrats!  I want to see that Carbon Black, wondering how it compares to the Onyx.

27 minutes ago, XY74 said:

I am resisting the urge to check daily!  :)  I will check Friday.  I'd like to imagine there is some sheet metal moving around at least.

Confession...I'm checking now, but am in a queue.

I think I have watched the assembly line you tube video at least twice right through today ?

4 hours ago, Pate Services said:

Mine has to be getting close if you ordered yours on the 19th. I ordered mine on Feb 10th and was accepted to the system on the 11th (code 1100). But when I checked this morning, still no TPW. Here’s to hoping I get one soon. 

1 hour ago, dg2006 said:

Mine has to be getting close if you ordered yours on the 19th. I ordered mine on Feb 10th and was accepted to the system on the 11th (code 1100). But when I checked this morning, still no TPW. Here’s to hoping I get one soon. 

Seems like maybe somebody has mislead you. 

The 11xx series numbers are not yet 'accepted by GM'

Needs to get to the 2xxx series to be 'accepted' at GM

000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not ?
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

GM Authority blogs had another article of interest. Of the GMC HD trucks being ordered, 80% are Denalis or AT4s. Suprised me. It reads like GM are making them a priority.  I think because the profit margins are so high. So cdnSpinalTap you may be in good stead.

No info about the Silverados.

Thinking of ordering a 2020 GMC 3500HD AT4 Duramax, or I might wait for the 2021 orders in May.

Edited by SilveradoX2
More info.

5 hours ago, cdnSpinalTap said:

Confession...I'm checking now, but am in a queue.

I think I have watched the assembly line you tube video at least twice right through today ?

My TPW is this week also!  Whoo Hooo!!!!!  After you said you watched video, I looked some up, thanks  lol.  Interesting to not only see different colours coming down the line together but did you notice that there are Sierra's and Silverados of different trim levels following each other down the line?  I would have thought they would run one trim at a time but apparently not.  I find it fascinating that they can produce so many different trucks all simultaneously.   

For those that are enquiring, I ordered mine Jan 28 and I had my TPW Feb 4.    Sierra Crew Cab 3500 long box AT4

Edited by Sniperdan
  • Like 1