In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
JSW74

GM 2 inch lift part numbers???

Im looking for the part numbers to the struts that come in the GM 2 inch lift (trailboss).

the entire kit has the part # of 84629787 , I simply wanna install the front portion of the parts and not lift the rear.

I located the cv axles which are 84554912 and are $171.87 per gmpartsdirect.com  but I cannot find the struts. If anyone has the strut part numbers that would be great. this is all going on my 2019 rst z71

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

can you buy just front struts?.....another option is  throw eibach pro truck sport kit, (will reach up to 3")on front. funny you mentioned the cv axles as I was gonna buy them seperatly as well....

Edited by Dunn

Ok, the struts are part number 84535467.  Stock coil springs are reused. 

• Thanks 1

Im looking for the part numbers to the struts that come in the GM 2 inch lift (trailboss).
the entire kit has the part # of 84629787 , I simply wanna install the front portion of the parts and not lift the rear.
I located the cv axles which are 84554912 and are $171.87 per gmpartsdirect.com  but I cannot find the struts. If anyone has the strut part numbers that would be great. this is all going on my 2019 rst z71
Hey JSW, I'm not sure if it matters since you're not buying the whole kit but I believe the current Part No. for 4WD Silverado (minus exclusions) is 84768243. I have been watching these kits for a while on Chevys Accessory website and Part No. 84629787 was replaced by 84649981 which was then replaced by 84768243.

I have seen many sites selling the old part numbers. Not sure if GM found a problem with the old ones and maybe adjusted the parts included? Anyway, thought I'd just throw that in here in case it made a difference. Let us know how the front only install turns out

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=RST&trimId=4962&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98004

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To lift just the front, do you need to purchase the front compatibility brackets and front jounce bumpers that come with the kit?

In theory no...but if you truly want the front TB kit then it is part of it. 

anybody have better pica of those bump stop brackets?

On 3/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, lapoolboy said:

Your the man, thanks!

In theory no...but if you truly want the front TB kit then it is part of it. 

anybody have better pica of those bump stop brackets?
Thank you. I just want to level the front without forfeiting ride quality or warranty. I contacted Chevrolet a while back to see if installing the front only would hold the same warranty as the full kit, but they didn't have an answer.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:16 PM, lapoolboy said:

Was that number on the strut somewhere?

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

Was that number on the strut somewhere?

Naw, it was on the driveshaft! 😂

• Haha 1

I want to do this as well. I'm going to buy the whole kit, have the front only installed and I will try to sell the rear.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk