2019 to 2020?

On 3/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, bmoney5813 said:

I recently made a deal trading my 2019 SLT for a 2020 AT4. Depending on where you are, the rebates for the AT4(6500)/Trail Boss(6000)  right now are the best they are ever going to be IMO, so it may be worth a look. I wanted to give my initial impressions between the two trucks. I made this trade primarily because of the 10 speed transmission. I always "noticed" the 8 speed in my 2019 and it drove me nuts. I had a GM Buyback in 2016 because of the 8 speed. My SLT needed a legitimate pause from reverse to drive before taking off or there would be a bad shift for the first one of the day. The 10 speed seems to disappear within the truck. I dont notice it at all. Both trucks have the 5.3. Luckily, GMC's in my area hold their value very well which allowed me to make this deal without taking a bath. I know the AT4 package has alot to do with the ride but overall if people are contemplating the same move I would highly encourage it. I also acknowledge that many people on here have no issues with their 8's. I just wanted to share my experience. 

Wow, this is going to be my first post.

I'm doing the same. I traded a 2016 LTZ for a 2019 LTZ last October. At the time I was debating the TrailBoss over the LTZ and finally opted for the LTZ but I think it may have been more about not finding the options I wanted on the TrailBoss. I cannot believe the number of TrailBoss' in dealer inventories that lack the Safety package. I'm going to miss some of the features I have now on the LTZ but I'll get by. Anyways I ended up ordering a TB in March with all of the features I wanted. Unfortunately the plant is shutdown until probably the  first week of May and probably won't see it before the end of May at the earliest.

• Like 1

if suspension and tires was your concern that's an easy fix.....much less expensive than trading in a new truck for another new one....heck you can throw a set of kings on it and still be ahead and have way better suspension than a TB....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

if suspension and tires was your concern that's an easy fix.....much less expensive than trading in a new truck for another new one....heck you can throw a set of kings on it and still be ahead and have way better suspension than a TB....

It is my money. Why do you need to be a jerk about it.

6 and the 8 speeds by GM is trash, hit and miss on each vehicle for some reason. I have the 2020 AT4 with 5.3, smooth shift regardless cold warm or switching out of N,P or D compared to my 6 speed 5.3 2014. I worked for a GM dealership as a service writer, lots people complained about the 6 speeds all the time, same thing when 8 came out, no complaints so far with 10 speed customers so far. 

I am glad Ford and GM worked together for this transmission, really is worth it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

If you had a buyback, why did you get another 8-speed?

I think this is a question for me? I really thought that the new gen 8 speeds were improved. I had an early build so that may have had something to do with it. It seems that some folks with the new fluid have not had any issues. Having had both transmissions though, the ten is a substantial upgrade. 

6 and the 8 speeds by GM is trash, hit and miss on each vehicle for some reason. I have the 2020 AT4 with 5.3, smooth shift regardless cold warm or switching out of N,P or D compared to my 6 speed 5.3 2014. I worked for a GM dealership as a service writer, lots people complained about the 6 speeds all the time, same thing when 8 came out, no complaints so far with 10 speed customers so far. 

I am glad Ford and GM worked together for this transmission, really is worth it.
I have the 6.2 and 10 speed and it's one of three best I've ever owned. Only our Mazda has a transmission that is tuned as well, but that is only a 6 speed.

Would absolutely say the 10 speed is worth the cost.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1