What Do You Think of the 2020 Titan?

I really like the look of the new 2020 Titan, especially the front of the Pro-4x. The tail end could probably use dual exhaust tips. It has a good 400hp 5.6 V8 engine which seems to strike a good balance between our 5.3 and 6.2. It also comes with a great 5yr/100k bumper-to-bumper warranty. I would have strongly considered this if it was available while i was truck shopping. Nissan probably offers good discounts too. 

What are your thoughts on it? For those without brand allegiance, would you have considered this if it was available?

2020_Nissan_Titan_Pro-4X.thumb.jpg.c70c85d31d4f2455e0e697263a630436.jpg

Edited by truck_newbie

I would have, and I did in 2018 and it's not because I liked it equally, more or less than the GM products but because as a fleet buyer I get HUGE discounts on Nissan products, in 2018 I would have been about 20k less for a comparably equipped truck, but I still wanted my Chevy and have no regrets buying it. 

• Like 1

I would take any of the other full-size pickups first. And apparently I’m not alone because nobody ever buys a Titan. 

It just doesn’t make a case for itself. I’m not saying that it’s a bad truck. I just think every other brand makes something that’s bigger, or more capable, or better looking, or better equipped, or a better value. It’s not all Nissan’s fault but selling at such low numbers does not give them a chance to stay competitive.

46 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

I would take any of the other full-size pickups first. And apparently I’m not alone because nobody ever buys a Titan. 

It just doesn’t make a case for itself. I’m not saying that it’s a bad truck. I just think every other brand makes something that’s bigger, or more capable, or better looking, or better equipped, or a better value. It’s not all Nissan’s fault but selling at such low numbers does not give them a chance to stay competitive.

Those are fair points. I think they have really improved for this generation to try to capture some market value. 

I'm probably also alone in the fact that i think it looks good. 

The Bad:  Ever dealt with Nissan Sales people?  Ever bought Nissan OEM parts?  Ever had to service a Nissan vehicle at their garage with Nissan Dealership price?

The Good:  That will be the last Nissan anything you will own.  After Coronavirus I can only hope this Titan thing is finally laid to rest!

3 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

The Bad:  Ever dealt with Nissan Sales people?  Ever bought Nissan OEM parts?  Ever had to service a Nissan vehicle at their garage with Nissan Dealership price?

The Good:  That will be the last Nissan anything you will own.  After Coronavirus I can only hope this Titan thing is finally laid to rest!

Never owned a Nissan itself but i had the Infiniti Q50 for 4 years. Didn't have any issues with the sales people and i will go as far to say that my service experience whilst owning the Infiniti was better than anything I have had so far with the GMC. Maybe because Infiniti is considered near-luxury, it's different. 

my buddy had a titan when they first came out and it was a decent looking truck, and drove well too.....than they got hideous!.....the front end looks a bit better but I don't know how in the world or who authorized and thought that last gen was gonna sell.....somebody actually got paid and they invested a lot of money for that design......incredible

I think they have a ways to go......just make it look normal, with good pkg

Looks are ok, Interior is ok at best ( but then again GM interior is whatever as well) I just like the GM interior space . 

And to get the 400HP that its rated you need 91 . Overall they are solid trucks, have had a couple of buddies and no real issues.  If they are offering a smoking deal , get whatever is better for your wallet. All trucks do the same . 

So it comes down to what looks best and what is best deal 

52 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

Or the people who wanted to not have to worry about random brake failures

While I'm not saying brake failure is OK in anyway , its hard to have perfect trucks when your selling 700-800k of them in a year . Compared to the Titan which dosent even sniff 50k sold in the entire year. 

I think I have seen maybe 5 total in last year on the road......

I did see a Lincoln 1/2 ton with 6" lift and all done up few weeks ago