GM 2 Inch Lift Kit

Has anyone had the 2 inch GM suspension lift added to your 2019/2020 Silverado?   I liked the Trail Boss but they don't build it with the options that we needed for our family (they force you into front bucket seats once you add convenience package 2) so I went with an LT Z71.  I see now that you can buy the same 2 in suspension lift that the trail boss has and they say its all tuned for the Silverado.   The pricing actually didn't seem that bad to me so I am considering this since I am not really looking for a huge lift.

I am not really that knowledgeable about all the different lifts out there so I thought I would just put this out there and see if this is a good option or if there are potential drawbacks to this GM kit and would be better served going with something else. 

Link to kit -> https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/performance/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=LT&trimId=430&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=12009

The GM lift is worth every penny. I just installed one on my z71 and my dads. The ride is perfect and height is just right. Plus you don’t have to worry about any warranty issues. I may be a little partial because I am a service manager at a Chevy dealership but I was looking hard at the zone kit or rough country kit due to price but elected to go with the GM kit. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Flatblack83 said:

I'm opposite all this..lol.  I would not pay 1200 bucks for white shitty ranchos...no offense to anyone.  For a lil more you can get coilovers up front and a block kit with shocks for the rear. Plus it's easy to do.

Agreed. If you're already about to pony up $1,295+, the marginal increase to go with a quality coilover set is a no brainer for me.  I'm curious - what is the market like (if any) for selling the oem ranchos? Or an expected price to get for them?

8 minutes ago, Duramax3oh said:

Agreed. If you're already about to pony up $1,295+, the marginal increase to go with a quality coilover set is a no brainer for me.  I'm curious - what is the market like (if any) for selling the oem ranchos? Or an expected price to get for them?

I tossed mine in the trash when I upgraded. I would feel bad trying to sell someone such a crap product.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's a toss up, some people like the stock z71 or trailboss suspention.  For some ranchos that came on it are fine.. To upgrade to ranchos tho is another story....I don't feel as it's an upgrade but that's only one person's opinion.  To sell the stock setup I'd think the trailboss struts would sell pretty decent price wise,  the regular ones not so much but i will say selling on ebay many sell that stuff there and make out.

Food for thought.....

I bought the icon stage one on black friday for 1300, that comes with adjustable coilovers 1.5-3 and rear shocks. I also bought a 1.5 block kit for 80.00.  So for less than 1400 and its set at 3 inch up front. Now it doesnt have a smooth plush ride, it's more firm but handles really well.

Tons of people have done it, if you search around there are countless threads of people having it installed before leaving the dealer or adding it later as they like the idea of not having to deal with warranty issues. There are pros and cons to each, your best bet is to read up on the other threads and get their opinions and make your own decision on what fits best.

Tyler

3 hours ago, smrr1 said:

Its a lot more than just shocks. It is gm engineered/installed/warrantied. Plus it has new cv shafts. I think that is one of the most over looked aspects of it. 

Good point. The GM lift CV shafts are longer? The ranchos where just too soft for me, but different strokes...

• 3 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 3:13 PM, MeximusPrime said:

Been very happy with the GM 2 inch lift on my SLT. First pic is before lift.

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

i’ve been looking for a before/after pic of the GM kit.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, MeximusPrime said:

Been very happy with the GM 2 inch lift on my SLT. First pic is before lift.

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7084.jpg

Thank you for these before/after photos.  It looks great IMO.  I am looking to do the same on my Elevation.  I got a response from one local dealer who says it'll be $900 to install...does that seem like a fair price?

• Like 1