Anyone tested positive yet?

Fuelie

15 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

You flatten the curve without a vaccine by letting it run its course with the people already infected WHILE THEY STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO AREN’T. So they don’t get THEM sick therefore not spreading it to OTHER people they know.

I 100% agree with this statement, my only reservation is, is it a one and done flu?

Does your body build an immunity to it like most flus where you never catch it again, making you no more of a threat to spread it? 

Does anyone really know how many strains may have mutated from the original, and how many can you catch in the future? Some are very sick, is this the strain that makes you completely immune from any others, where as the mild symptoms mean you may catch a couple of other versions?

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Maybe 15 years and there's no way to update an iPod Classic. ?

Not unless they start making it again in 20 years or so.....

I bought a new one 3 or 4 years ago, they are pretty much an iPhone now without the phone part. Or you could always load up all of your songs on your phone and use it as an iPod.

Works well with the truck and my Bose Bluetooth speakers in the garage.

1 hour ago, JimCost2014 said:

Not unless they start making it again in 20 years or so.....

I bought a new one 3 or 4 years ago, they are pretty much an iPhone now without the phone part. Or you could always load up all of your songs on your phone and use it as an iPod.

Works well with the truck and my Bose Bluetooth speakers in the garage.

Unfortunately, I don't think my phone will hold all my music because it barely fits on my 80 GB iPod. I do have a "brand new" 160 GB iPod Classic that's mint-in-box that I bought several years back but I want to save it until my current iPod dies completely because you can't buy this style any more, like you say. 

2 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Unfortunately, I don't think my phone will hold all my music because it barely fits on my 80 GB iPod. I do have a "brand new" 160 GB iPod Classic that's mint-in-box that I bought several years back but I want to save it until my current iPod dies completely because you can't buy this style any more, like you say. 

At this point, I would never open it, check eBay and see what they are going for used, and see if there are even any brand new ones listed.

Might be worth some money someday, and there is a good chance the latest version of iTunes might not even work with it. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 1:02 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

I found something last night, wish I would have found it last year when it started.

If you have XM, full subscription with the App on your phone, channel 757 is the Tragically Hip channel.

Looking forward to listening to it this long weekend coming up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

I found something last night, wish I would have found it last year when it started.

If you have XM, full subscription with the App on your phone, channel 757 is the Tragically Hip channel.

Looking forward to listening to it this long weekend coming up.

Nice! Thanks! I'll probably start up the truck this weekend just to make sure everything's running well so I'll have to remember to program that to my favourites.

I have two iPods. One very old, the other a little newer. Between the two 6K songs. Backed up with mp3 disk. The oldest has had two batteries replaced. Since I discovered IHeartRadio and Pandora, I fire them just to see if they still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Nice! Thanks! I'll probably start up the truck this weekend just to make sure everything's running well so I'll have to remember to program that to my favourites.

Don't think the trucks go that high in channels, the way XM is set up is pretty much so you have to pay for certain packages to get the good stuff.

I did find the Hip channel, 757 on the XM App on my iPhone which I can stream through the truck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Don't think the trucks go that high in channels, the way XM is set up is pretty much so you have to pay for certain packages to get the good stuff.

I did find the Hip channel, 757 on the XM App on my iPhone which I can stream through the truck.

Oops, I misread your post originally. Our data plans in Canada suck so I doubt I would steam from my phone while driving but I suppose I could listen to it while I'm working from home since listening to music on YouTube sucks. 

19 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

As far as anyone testing positive, no one as of yet. Unless A symptomatic.

Found out last night a local business owner, little Mexican restaurant about a mile away from our house died over the weekend. Believe he was early 40's.

Getting closer every day, just wondering what will really happen when they turn everybody loose again?

Found out last night a local business owner, little Mexican restaurant about a mile away from our house died over the weekend. Believe he was early 40's.

Getting closer every day, just wondering what will really happen when they turn everybody loose again?

It will probably spike a bit. Texas continues to slowly have more cases. It’s a bug that will fine most people sooner or later. That’s the reality. May be some mitigation meds. to lessen the effects. A cure isn’t likely. Or we could hide until there’s nothing left. Bug, jobs, money, etc.

I’m wondering the same thing. Either will be too soon and cases spike again or everything is ok and continues on the downtrend.

What happens this coming fall? Another lockdown? No worries as It has run its course for the majority?