Anyone tested positive yet?

Fuelie

3 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Yep, I was exaggerating what you. Also, you could literally have posted any major media company, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc all say things and immediately change their tune depending on the situation. Heck, WaPo is very bad at it. 

I mean look at who the commentators are for most of them. Many are members of one party or a certain cabinet. Pretty much take what the media says with a grain of salt.

7 hours ago, horn12007 said:

I'm not so much asking him to bet on death. He said one thing. I just asked him to bet on the thing he said. It could have been how many rocks are in a box.

He made one claim and made his arguments as to why it was true. He claimed the media the media was only giving factual info. I just asked him to put money on it if he is going to make this push his claim is right.  

Body drop was 250 in NCY today. We still talking car crashesj and the flu? 

1 hour ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Good call sir, this post was getting too serious.

Was at a tavern over the holidays, someone put on I Like to Rock, was reliving my high school days in the mid 80's.

Grew up on Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Loverboy, BTO, even gave Helix a listen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Good call sir, this post was getting too serious.

Was at a tavern over the holidays, someone put on I Like to Rock, was reliving my high school days in the mid 80's.

Grew up on Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Loverboy, BTO, even gave Helix a listen.

I prefer The Guess Who to BTO.

The only bad part about having a new truck is that I haven't been able to find a Sirius XM station that plays The Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane or April Wine. Can usually find the occasional Rush or Guess Who song.

As for Helix, this about sums up what I know about them. ?

9 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

I prefer The Guess Who to BTO.

The only bad part about having a new truck is that I haven't been able to find a Sirius XM station that plays The Tragically Hip, Tom Cochrane or April Wine. Can usually find the occasional Rush or Guess Who song.

As for Helix, this about sums up what I know about them. ?

Damn, completely forgot about Red Rider (Tom Cochrane) and first time I heard Lunatic Fringe. Forgot about Burton Cummings and the Guess Who too, must be getting older than I think I am.

Did not start listening to the Hip until after high school, one of my favorite bands still to this day, Gord, passed away in the last couple of years from cancer.

They would never be the same with someone else singing.

Helix was for the most part a steaming pile of S###, actually liked Honeymoon Suite if I had to choose between the two.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Damn, completely forgot about Red Rider (Tom Cochrane) and first time I heard Lunatic Fringe. Forgot about Burton Cummings and the Guess Who too, must be getting older than I think I am.

Did not start listening to the Hip until after high school, one of my favorite bands still to this day, Gord, passed away in the last couple of years from cancer.

They would never be the same with someone else singing.

Helix was for the most part a steaming pile of S###, actually liked Honeymoon Suite if I had to choose between the two.

Lunatic Fringe is amazing. My iPod somehow magically deleted all my Tom Cochrane and Red Rider and it's absolutely killing me not to hear it when I'm working. 

If you forced me to choose, I would probably say The Hip is my favourite band. Unfortunately, I also got into them later so only got to see them live 3 times. I agree that no one could possibly replace Gord. 

I'm not really into any of the 80s hair stuff at all.

4 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Lunatic Fringe is amazing. My iPod somehow magically deleted all my Tom Cochrane and Red Rider and it's absolutely killing me not to hear it when I'm working. 

If you forced me to choose, I would probably say The Hip is my favourite band. Unfortunately, I also got into them later so only got to see them live 3 times. I agree that no one could possibly replace Gord. 

I'm not really into any of the 80s hair stuff at all.

iTunes has all 4 of Red Rider's albums, not priced too badly, and looks like they have all of his solo stuff (Toms C) too.

So if the curve is rising like you say and we don't have a vaccine, how does the curve ever go down. Lets say nobody goes out and it does flatten. Then ppl are allowed to go out. More and more people will just keep getting it. That's actually happening in some countries.

You flatten the curve without a vaccine by letting it run its course with the people already infected WHILE THEY STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO AREN’T. So they don’t get THEM sick therefore not spreading it to OTHER people they know.

It sucks and the economy will suffer greatly mostly because people like you continue to go out and unknowingly spread it to other people. This is gonna go on for MONTHS because people can’t stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

iTunes has all 4 of Red Rider's albums, not priced too badly, and looks like they have all of his solo stuff (Toms C) too.

Luckily nothing was deleted off my computer. They just won't play on my iPod for some reason. 

I know that the topic was about people we know testing positive for Coronavirus. I personally do not know anyone who has tested positive and I sincerely hope I never have such an experience.  This does not mean I don't take this threat very seriously.  I was happy to see the leadership of the US take dramatic steps to deal with this crisis now that the country has epicentre status.  I am angry that such actions had to wait until it became so serious.  Technology allows us to learn from others in a timely manner.  Please don't wait until you have personal first hand knowledge of this virus before you take it with the utmost seriousness. If you are still taking comfort in comparisons to the flu, car crashes or lottery wins then broaden your research.  The fact that you can read this thread is proof that you have the tools to learn outside of your surroundings!

• Like 5