Anyone tested positive yet?

Fuelie

I live in King County (Seattle) Washington, you might want to put a mask on before you read my posts.

Then wash your hands and sanitize your keyboards.

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, NE18 said:

Coworker has it (Boston). She’s 58 years old and has been in the ICU for a week. Her husband contracted it and is in the ICU too.

That sucks. Hope they come out of it alright. I know we are all trying to lighten the mood but this stuff has been very serious for some. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, smrr1 said:

That sucks. Hope they come out of it alright. I know we are all trying to lighten the mood but this stuff has been very serious for some. 

Totally get it. I dip into the dark humor personally   to deal with this. I’m a 32 year old asthmatic working at a hospital in Boston. What’s the worse that could happen?!  ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NE18 said:

Totally get it. I dip into the dark humor personally   to deal with this. I’m a 32 year old asthmatic working at a hospital in Boston. What’s the worse that could happen?!  ?

There is definitely a genetic predisposition in a very select few pretty much no matter the age or sex it's gonna take em to the other side of life?  Sucks, lucky it such a tiny percentage of the ones who contract it and receive nothing more than a cold.

Edited by mookdoc6

5 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

There is definitely a genetic predisposition in a very select few pretty much no matter the age or sex it's gonna take em to the other side of life?  Sucks, lucky it such a tiny percentage of the ones who contract it and receive nothing more than a cold.

That's because there are actually 2 different strands of the coronavirus and very few people are talking about it (I think the S and L strand). That's why some people are just getting the cold and some are getting more serious. Once you get the "better one", you build up immunities to the worse one. 

4 hours ago, horn12007 said:

That's because there are actually 2 different strands of the coronavirus and very few people are talking about it (I think the S and L strand). That's why some people are just getting the cold and some are getting more serious. Once you get the "better one", you build up immunities to the worse one. 

At least eight strains of the coronavirus

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/27/scientists-track-coronavirus-strains-mutation/5080571002/