Exit seat position

Hi peeps,

Anyone know if there’s a way to reprogram what the “easy exit” seat position is?

Just curious. I don’t even use it because when I hit it, it actually puts my seat way up, and actually moves me a lot closer to the steering wheel. I would probably use it if the position were all the way down and all the way back.

Not a big deal, just wondering out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the seat where you want it to move upon exiting and press "set" then press the "exit position button".

It programs just the same as your positions 1 and 2

It should do it automatically when you open your door. If not, then it is likely turned off anyways. 

Edited by Jetiemann
  • Like 2

Easy Exit Recall If programmed on in the vehicle personalization menu, the easy exit feature automatically recalls the previously stored B (Exit) position. See “Storing Memory Positions” listed previously. See also Vehicle Personalization 0 165. Easy exit recall automatically activates when one of the following occurs: . The vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened within a short time. . The vehicle is turned off with the driver door open. 

Manually Recalling Memory Positions Press and hold 1, 2, or B (Exit) to manually recall the previously stored memory positions. Releasing 1, 2, or B before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

Automatically Recalling Memory Positions (Auto Recall) If programmed on in the vehicle personalization menu, the Auto (Automatic) Memory Recall feature automatically recalls the current driver’s previously stored 1 or 2 position when the ignition is changed from OFF to ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY. See “Auto Memory Recall” under “Comfort and Convenience” in Vehicle Personalization 0 165. To stop recall movement, press one of the memory, power mirror or power seat controls; or press the adjustable pedal control (if equipped). RKE Transmitters are not labeled with a number. If your memory seat position is stored to 1 or 2 but this position is not automatically recalling, then store your positions to the other button or switch RKE transmitters with the other driver.

• Like 2

Wow! Thanks guys! So I don’t think there’s a setting in infotainment for mine. I’ve never seen it there but I’ll dig. I just have the 1/2/exit buttons. It also doesn’t automatically move when I open the door, hence why I never use it. I would have to push and hold the button for it to work. I’ll look thru the setting and I’ll give all this a try. Thanks again.

38 minutes ago, slide187 said:

Wow! Thanks guys! So I don’t think there’s a setting in infotainment for mine. I’ve never seen it there but I’ll dig. I just have the 1/2/exit buttons. It also doesn’t automatically move when I open the door, hence why I never use it. I would have to push and hold the button for it to work. I’ll look thru the setting and I’ll give all this a try. Thanks again.

It is a Tahoe, but same steps:

• Like 1

Yeah that’s just how to program the seats. That I knew. I’ve just never heard the easy exit talked about. But I’m gonna try to set it now.

So I was able to reset the exit position just like setting 1&2 like you said, BUT, for mine to work I have to push it and hold it on exit. It won’t automatically go there, and there’s no infotainment setting in my truck for the seats.

But if I put it at easy exit last. When I get back in and start it up it does move to the primary setting. (#1) which is cool.

Still don’t think I’ll use it much tho haha since I have to sit there and hold it.

7 minutes ago, slide187 said:

So I was able to reset the exit position just like setting 1&2 like you said, BUT, for mine to work I have to push it and hold it on exit. It won’t automatically go there, and there’s no infotainment setting in my truck for the seats.

But if I put it at easy exit last. When I get back in and start it up it does move to the primary setting. (#1) which is cool.

Still don’t think I’ll use it much tho haha since I have to sit there and hold it.

Did you watch the whole video, right after 2:20 he shows how to turn off the seat settings.

if you look at his screen, you will see the easy exit choice, your screen does not look like his?

• Like 1