33 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Oh it rides like a Cadillac? emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Certainly not.

But I'm pretty sure you got my reasoning backwards.

• 2 weeks later...

site, installed  the eibach pro-truck sports on rear  of my stock 2019 LT 1500 and they are very nice, little firmer still smooth but not bouncy.. fronts are next !

60-23-005-06-01

scott

• 11 months later...

My 2021 Silverado double cab has too much bounce in the front rear seems fine I have 17'" tires. Strut dampening is too soft I get three cycles over a certain bump my 2012 regular cab long box with 60,000 miles only gets one cycle!

• 3 months later...

Anyone find a solution? I bought a new 21 GMC Sierra 1500, Elevation. It's scary to drive on washboard or hitting larger bump or potholes. The backend  skips sideways. Getting worried about driving it in the winter at highway speeds. One wrong bump and I’m crashed. Never had a truck have its rear end buck around like that. Even crossing over a bridge can make it feel like I’m sideways. 

50 minutes ago, CLWab911 said:

Anyone find a solution? I bought a new 21 GMC Sierra 1500, Elevation. It's scary to drive on washboard or hitting larger bump or potholes. The backend  skips sideways. Getting worried about driving it in the winter at highway speeds. One wrong bump and I’m crashed. Never had a truck have its rear end buck around like that. Even crossing over a bridge can make it feel like I’m sideways. 

Literally, almost any other rear shock. Bilstein has a large following on this site. Also, I haven't looked for the T1 trucks but Sulastic makes a dampening rear hanger that takes the bite out of the small high velocity bumps. Between the two a good deal of improvement can be made. Past that you start looking at custom springs. 

Trucks are sprung to carry a one ton payload and empty that is way to much spring rate. Dampers have a difficult job given what they have to work with. Do it in steps. Try the shocks. It WILL help. If not enough to suit you then add the dampened hangers. 

On 8/9/2021 at 9:42 PM, JimCost2014 said:

A picture of your Drivers Ed teacher right now reading that quote 

See the source image

Been driving + 30 years. Professional trained driver. Drive ambulances hot in any weather. I can drive lol. 

The amount of movement from the rear end swinging out and sliding on ice is a reality. Never had a truck as shitty for that as this GMC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CLWab911 said:

Been driving + 30 years. Professional trained driver. Drive ambulances hot in any weather. I can drive lol. 

The amount of movement from the rear end swinging out and sliding on ice is a reality. Never had a truck as shitty for that as this GMC. 

If you do not mind me asking, what are your plans for the truck to make it more drivable?

I have only driven a T1 for a week while my 18 was being repaired (long story), and did not really care for the way it rode.

My 18 with the factory Rancho's can be "choppy" at times, but I have never felt unsafe driving it. 

When we bough the 2015 K2 it was scary on washboard sections and teeth clenching harsh on expansion joints, tar snakes etc. Dumped allot of cash at a total remake. First year the T1 was out I found my trucks twin sister, save the long bed, on the lot and took it for a spin. I didn't think it could be worse but it was. A lot worse. OMG I'm not going backward. 

there is one member on here who recommended flipping the overload spring, he claims improvements

I wonder if installing a set of OEM rear springs from the older 2000 SIlverado would help, i remember they had cushy ride back then..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352593679242?fits=Year%3A2000|Model%3ASilverado+1500&hash=item521838938a:g:KJYAAOSwQXdcZHrw

wonder if a chevy colorado would mount up?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283513665892?epid=829621801&hash=item4202bb3964:g:2msAAOSwwaRfNrv-

Edited by pokismoki

• 2 weeks later...

22,000 miles in my '20 Z71 crew cab 1500. It's as if the front shocks have no damping ability whatsoever. At highway speeds, going over a bridge with it's unevenness, it bounces violently 5-6 cycles, pivoting off the back axle. What a piss poorly engineered shock choice. Sucks off-road too. Been the same since new.