the stock suspension has very little rebound dampening, its almost non existent so it cant hold a line during consectutive or multiple hits ( washboard), they probably have a $10-$20 budget per shock on these trucks, lol......wouldnt expect a whole lot from it

On 8/25/2021 at 12:34 PM, IOMTT said:

22,000 miles in my '20 Z71 crew cab 1500. It's as if the front shocks have no damping ability whatsoever. At highway speeds, going over a bridge with it's unevenness, it bounces violently 5-6 cycles, pivoting off the back axle. What a piss poorly engineered shock choice. Sucks off-road too. Been the same since new. 

My '20 Z71 did the same thing at a little under 20k miles.  The original shocks were shot and leaking so I installed Eibachs on all four corners and Eibach springs up front.  The truck is now a completely different animal and feels incredibly stable on the road.  To describe it differently, if you have ever driven a heavy duty truck and know how stable they feel, it feels like I'm driving my Ford F250, but with proper spring and shock rates to eliminate the harshness.

• Like 1

With my 21 SLT X31, we were calling her the galloping ghost. After 2 months we installed a set of Bilsteins 5160 and chucked the Ranchos. Pretty sure the Airlift bags did not help the bounce either.

WOW, what a difference!! Night and day between the 2. Probably overkill for my needs, but it looks cool too!

Now to wait for the national back order for the front 6112

I used my truck like a truck. Always had something in the bad. Toolbox at the minimum. It amusing that people expect a 5 to 8ft empty box to hold a straight line over bumps especially washboards. Then be able to haul many hundred lbs in that same space while riding like a car. Amusing.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, It's Tim said:

Rides much nicer with 700 lbs. in the bed. 😉

i did 500lbs  with my 2500.....ran 5 bags of concrete in back most all the time..... 

Edited by Dunn

6 hours ago, Dunn said:

i did 500lbs  with my 2500.....ran 5 bags of concrete in back most all the time..... 

Chains and ice chests in the bed settle my f250 down.  It seemed I constantly had a use for both so why not?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Eibach or Bilstein, either will do nicely.  However, you wont eliminate the roll/porpoise effect of the stock suspension without increasing the stiffness, so know that any aftermarket shock you install will be stiffer than stock.

As a side note, about every spring you will find in any high end aftermarket suspension setup will be an Eibach spring, or a spring manufactured by Eibach and relabeled.  I have approximately 63k miles on my Eibach Pro-Truck suspension lift and the truck still feels like I installed the springs and shocks yesterday.  Their stuff is top notch at a great price.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gangly said:

Eibach or Bilstein, either will do nicely.  However, you wont eliminate the roll/porpoise effect of the stock suspension without increasing the stiffness, so know that any aftermarket shock you install will be stiffer than stock.

As a side note, about every spring you will find in any high end aftermarket suspension setup will be an Eibach spring, or a spring manufactured by Eibach and relabeled.  I have approximately 63k miles on my Eibach Pro-Truck suspension lift and the truck still feels like I installed the springs and shocks yesterday.  Their stuff is top notch at a great price.

This is the way im leaning. I have a RST no z71.. and hoping this will stiffen up the stand/eliminate roll while eliminating some preferably most of the hopping. 

So far the pro kit seems the best balance of performance vs price. I dont do any real off roading aside from some field crossing. 99% of my mileage is highway

Installing the Eibach system instantly eliminated any excessive roll on my truck and the bouncy, pogo like characteristic was eliminated as well.  Its a great setup and I would have zero worries about doing it the same way if I had it to do all over again.

18 hours ago, Gangly said:

Installing the Eibach system instantly eliminated any excessive roll on my truck and the bouncy, pogo like characteristic was eliminated as well.  Its a great setup and I would have zero worries about doing it the same way if I had it to do all over again.

Curious how different the springs are from factory...