TPMS Sensors with Advanced Trailering Package

Batteries are not changeable.  Old units with dead batteries have to be replaced with new ones.

Edited by unit

• 1 month later...

Does anyone no if you use aftermarket sensors do they display the tire temperature as well as pressure?

Has any had any luck with the aftermarket sensors?

I want to buy a set but really having a hard time spending $300 on four sensors.

13 hours ago, Jrscrib said:

Does anyone no if you use aftermarket sensors do they display the tire temperature as well as pressure?

Has any had any luck with the aftermarket sensors?

I want to buy a set but really having a hard time spending $300 on four sensors.

The ones I bought on eBay work temp and pressure. Also appear to look exactly the same. I do have one that is slower to connect and have to drive some to get it to work. It also will stop connecting for a minute But starts again quickly. They were somewhat difficult to learn once on the trailer. However I had synced them when I first got them to test from in the cab. I ended up using that trailer profile instead of a new one. Two complaints is they only go up to 102 psi. My tires require 110. Also had to use the band clamp ford method in wheel as my trailer wheels had larger valve stems than what GM supplies. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 8:08 AM, XY74 said:

You just need U1D for the sensors to work.  PTT is the sensors themselves.  

This is the set that came with my ordered truck.  GM p/n 84152501  Made by Shrader.  433 mhz  I suspect any 433 mhz sensor would work, but not positive on that.

IMG_0135.jpg

I know this thread is a little old, but I researched this like crazy so I hope this will help some one else.

I bought these same ones off of ebay - 4 for about $115 and had Les Schwab install them for me ($35).  Search ebay for the part number XY74 has above.  They work great and show psi + temp in the GM advanced trailering app in the truck.  The one thing to note is that I did not get the horn honk confirmation during setup, I had to let air out for 3-5 seconds and just assume it was detected (which it was).  I then re-inflated all tires after the setup.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with max trailering package (nht) - crazy that they did not come with the truck, along with trailering mirrors...

On 4/18/2020 at 2:30 PM, redwngr said:

Sensors require that the truck that the U1D option to function, but are not included with U1D.

PTT         Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors, includes set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. System is capable of monitoring up to 6 wheels. Additional or replacement sensors are available through GM Accessories

U1D    In-vehicle Trailering App, System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder, trailer electrical diagnostics and Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System module

Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed

Is the U1D feature included on the SLT. I just ordered a SLT with all the bells and whistles, and the tire pressure sensors, but on my build sheet I do not see the U1D package anywhere? If I have the SLT Convenience, Technology, Driver alert I & II, Premium Plus, Preferred and X31 packages will I have this? Not sure if U1D is for Denali specifically or not. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Londart2020 said:

Is the U1D feature included on the SLT. I just ordered a SLT with all the bells and whistles, and the tire pressure sensors, but on my build sheet I do not see the U1D package anywhere? If I have the SLT Convenience, Technology, Driver alert I & II, Premium Plus, Preferred and X31 packages will I have this? Not sure if U1D is for Denali specifically or not. Thanks.

U1D is standard on 1500 and 2500 SLT/AT4/Denali

Trailer tire pressure sensors (PTT) are optional so need to be ordered separately. 

System is capable of monitorng 6 sensors, but PTT includes 4.  Order guide suggests GM Accessories if additional are required (3 axle trailer, or multiple trailers) 

I'd expect, but haven't confirmed, that the order system would kick out the PTT code (sensors) if the ordered vehicle isn't equipped to monitor them

Edited by redwngr
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, redwngr said:

U1D is standard on 1500 and 2500 SLT/AT4/Denali

Trailer tire pressure sensors (PTT) are optional so need to be ordered separately. 

System is capable of monitorng 6 sensors, but PTT includes 4.  Order guide suggests GM Accessories if additional are required (3 axle trailer, or multiple trailers) 

I'd expect, but haven't confirmed, that the order system would kick out the PTT code (sensors) if the ordered vehicle isn't equipped to monitor them

Good to know, I ordered the sensors with the truck.

I just had my tire shop install 4 more of these on my car hauler trailer yesterday.

I used GM part # 84152501

I purchased them for $65 off eBay last week and they showed up Monday afternoon.

The tire pressure and temp show up on the truck display.

I have 3 trailers set up with these, the only issue I have seen is that during setup the truck only indicates pairing success on the screen, no light flash or honk. I just have someone sit in the truck with a walkie-talkie and let me know when the pairing has completed for each sensor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 6 months later...
On 4/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, bigman32hockey said:

Based on this picture, do I have it?

20200422_175842.jpg

Sorry to revive a dead topic here, I am trying to figure out how to get this to work on my truck. I have a 2020 LTZ, which from the ordering guides I have looked at, has the U1D package.  I don't believe that the PTT was optioned on this truck.  I have requested a build sheet to confirm the options.  I took off my rear license plate and it has the Schrader box that mounted in the photo above.  From the research I've done, it seems like thats the transmit box.  When I setup my trailer, it never gave me an option to monitor for tire pressure.  Do you need to have the sensors in range for it to show up as an option in the onscreen trailering app?  I don't want to order a set of sensors if its never going to work on my truck.  

Appreciate the help!