TPMS Sensors with Advanced Trailering Package

With sensors in-hand, you can program sensors using the Bosch EL-52641 Trailer Presence Simulator Tester. Dealer should have one...maybe. You can get through Kent Moore Tool, and is pricey. I also purchased the VXDAS TPMS Relearn Tool from Amazon. $12.99. It is crazy why this is such an issue when GM dealerships and trailer wheel manufacturers have no idea what options are available. FYI - listed as 23 feet maximum from rear of truck to furthest trailer wheel (basically a 40 foot 5th wheel).

https://techlink.mynetworkcontent.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/GM18-460.pdf

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/17/2020 at 7:13 AM, MTU Alum said:

You need advanced trailering to get trailer tire pressure monitoring.  The trailer app is needed to view pressures.  You should be able to add trailer tire pressure monitoring as an accessory.  The module plugs in behind the license plate.  It will cost you more as an accessory because you will have to buy the sensors separately.  

#iworkforGM 

MTU, I have the same issue and I called the local Chevy dealer this morning and they said they would have to check with GM because my 2020 High Country with advanced trailering wasn't optioned for trailer TPMS monitoring. When I told him that I just wanted to buy the module and have it added, he said that most likely isn't an option as I would have to buy the module, the TPMS sensors and then have the truck reprogrammed to know the module is there. He says it is not "plug and play". He is calling GM today to find out what to do. I'm thinking he is not correct and there has to be a way to add it now.

15 hours ago, MarkHighCountry said:

MTU, I have the same issue and I called the local Chevy dealer this morning and they said they would have to check with GM because my 2020 High Country with advanced trailering wasn't optioned for trailer TPMS monitoring. When I told him that I just wanted to buy the module and have it added, he said that most likely isn't an option as I would have to buy the module, the TPMS sensors and then have the truck reprogrammed to know the module is there. He says it is not "plug and play". He is calling GM today to find out what to do. I'm thinking he is not correct and there has to be a way to add it now.

Advance Trailering was standard for 2020 on High Country. 

Have you removed your license plate to see if the module is there?  Should be two boxes under the plate, the thin skinny one is keyless entry for the tailgate, the bigger rectangle is the trailer TPMS module.  

Edited by newdude

Yes, the receiver is not there. I called the dealership weeks ago and the parts guy pulled my truck up and said that all I needed was the sensors. The truck didn't come with them, so we both assumed someone had taken them out. So they gave me four new sensors. I am thinking at that point someone should have been saying, "Dude you don't have the receiver optioned for your truck." lol

thumbnail (1).jpg

2 hours ago, MarkHighCountry said:

Yes, the receiver is not there. I called the dealership weeks ago and the parts guy pulled my truck up and said that all I needed was the sensors. The truck didn't come with them, so we both assumed someone had taken them out. So they gave me four new sensors. I am thinking at that point someone should have been saying, "Dude you don't have the receiver optioned for your truck." lol

thumbnail (1).jpg

Hmmm...That is quite odd.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My understanding is that some of the early models could be fitted with the module and the system would work. I had someone check my Dec 1 2021 build and was told that the module add on would not enable the system since it required a radio upgrade which was part of the advance trailer option for trailer TPMS. 

I was told that mine and anything after it could not be refitted at any reasonable costs since it would require many expensive electronic changes. 

The part that frustrates me was that I almost checked the box for this when I ordered my truck. I didnt because my fifth wheel came with a "Tire linc" system from Lippert. I installed it and spent way too much time programming it due to the fact the directions didnt match what the system wanted (due to several updates along the way) 

Like so many other Lippert products it was a complete turd. The system kept alarming for no reason and then finally just quit working. Forget the app, it never worked right either. When it froze I found 2 of the sensors badly corroded (my trailer lives in the barn when not on the road)  I threw it all in the box and gave up on it.