Currently working on a 6.0L V8 (2000 LQ9 I believe) and cannot seem to locate the PCV valve and hose (see image for reference).

I was under the impression that they weren’t integrated into the valve cover until around 2005. The body of this truck is a 2000 Sierra 1500 but the engine was replaced from the 4.8 to the 6.0 at some point so I’m guessing for a lot of the component locations.

First time poster, any helps appreciated.

FD059C0D-D9E1-4B0E-B7FC-8C964EBFDDE0.jpeg

PCV Valve Updated.jpg

Edited by CremeSierra

It’s right underneath the plate that holds the cable to the throttle body. You can see it in the picture it’s halfway underneath in the front on the intake manifold. It has a small 2” long hose attached to it, follow the plastic tube that’s attached to it. It goes to the left side valve cover where the Pcv is. 

2 hours ago, Silverado/Sierra guy said:

It’s right underneath the plate that holds the cable to the throttle body. You can see it in the picture it’s halfway underneath in the front on the intake manifold. It has a small 2” long hose attached to it, follow the plastic tube that’s attached to it. It goes to the left side valve cover where the Pcv is. 

Thanks for your help man, I've attached an edited photo of the engine bay. Is that the particular hose you were talking about? I've watched nearly every video online, and I don't seem to have the matching "thicker hose" that enters the drivers side valve cover.

2 minutes ago, Silverado/Sierra guy said:

It’s above the one you highlighted 

Oh I see, the cable directly up from the one highlighted in the rectangle? Has a black 90-degree fixing just under the plate you described?

1 minute ago, Silverado/Sierra guy said:

Yes, that’s the one. You follow it to the valve cover and the pcv should be there. I have 2001 Silverado, it’s the same thing.

You're a legend. Thanks again, will finish that off tomorrow!

• 2 years later...
t On 5/6/2020 at 8:26 PM, Silverado/Sierra guy said:

What is the plastic bit called that comes out of the top of the engine ???? it broke off of the actual hose that connects to the pcv i dont know what that part is called i have the valve but i cant replace it because the thing under the plate that has 3 bolts broke