2020 Sierra AT4 vs Denali

AT4 looks great... but I ended up in the Denali.

I will say - coming from a 19 Chevy - the Denali suspension is noticeably better with the adaptive suspension.

Edited by steve841

Just went through this decision as well and prior truck was a Denali. The AT4 all loaded up has everything the Denali has standard and are pretty darn close in price. The At4 is definitely a more athletic looking truck and from look/size standpoint it’s high like the HD height.

when I test drove I took a DB reading off my iPhone and both are around the same sound level I test drove the duramax in both, great engine.

I found the ride in the Denali to be slightly mushy and didn’t feel as good on country roads, this is just my opinion though.

anyhow if comparing the Denali to a equally equipped AT4 it all boils down to looks in my opinion.

I went with the AT4

7E143087-D6C7-4A8D-B105-2C51958A8678.jpeg

Edited by Pswa320
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spizike9 said:

I think most here would say the Rebel suspension is better than the AT4. The AT4 uses the garbage Rancho shocks and the Rebel has Bilsteins. (Although the model below 5100) Overall I’d still buy the AT4 over the Rebel because the exterior looks and some other features though. 

AT4 uses Rancho Momo tubes - not the Rancho twin tube like on the Z/71 - they are a good quality shock and comparable to a Bilstein 5100.   There are better shocks for sure - but it is not "garbage".  

1 minute ago, Supercup said:

AT4 uses Rancho Momo tubes - not the Rancho twin tube like on the Z/71 - they are a good quality shock and comparable to a Bilstein 5100.   There are better shocks for sure - but it is not "garbage".  

That’s good information. I thought they were the same as the Z71. Thanks for the info. 

I went Denali.

My truck is used primarily for commuting (I sold my daily and my old truck to get this) and towing. I wanted quiet and comfortable ride, and more composed towing. I don't off road, I tow my race car to tracks.

I found the Denali ride to be quiet and noticeably softer than the AT4.

While I greatly prefer the look of the AT4 over the Denali (I hate chrome), the Denali made more sense and was a better fit for my intended use.

I have a forum post where I'm currently swapping out my chrome pieces on my Denali to gloss black. I'll get that storm trooper look I want soon enough. 

The at4 looks great, but I didn't want a lift and off road tires and suspension for looks just to sacrifice my comfort while driving and towing. 

• Like 1

I went Denali.

My truck is used primarily for commuting (I sold my daily and my old truck to get this) and towing. I wanted quiet and comfortable ride, and more composed towing. I don't off road, I tow my race car to tracks.

I found the Denali ride to be quiet and noticeably softer than the AT4.

While I greatly prefer the look of the AT4 over the Denali (I hate chrome), the Denali made more sense and was a better fit for my intended use.

I have a forum post where I'm currently swapping out my chrome pieces on my Denali to gloss black. I'll get that storm trooper look I want soon enough. 

The at4 looks great, but I didn't want a lift and off road tires and suspension for looks just to sacrifice my comfort while driving and towing. 

Got a link to the build thread? I’m working on doing the same to my Denali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a link to the build thread? I’m working on doing the same to my Denali.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238586-de-chroming-a-2020-denali/

I have all my pieces and plan to swap it all this weekend assuming the weather agrees.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238586-de-chroming-a-2020-denali/

I have all my pieces and plan to swap it all this weekend assuming the weather agrees.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This is awesome, we pretty much have identical trucks. Mine is white frost as well and I also live in Texas. Going to order all of these parts in the not too distant future. First order of business is ordering black wheels - believe it or not tones down the chrome a lot just by changing the wheels.

Appreciate it!

I had this same debate myself as I was coming from a 2013 Denali and was used to having the nicer features. The 6.2 and technology package were some things I really wanted and were available in both trucks but I was ready to be up higher off the ground and preferred the exterior accents of the AT4. I was also able to get the features I wanted in the AT4 for less than I would have paid for the Denali.

• 1 month later...

I really wanted the AT4. I love the look of it. I drove them both back-to-back and fell in love with the way the Denali felt. Both of them were fully loaded amazing trucks. The smooth ride and the power sidesteps on the Denali are fantastic. I went home and waffled back and forth between the 2. I loved the look of the AT4 but, I was leaning more towards the comfort of the Denali. In the end, I saw a video of a satin steel 4" BDS lifted Denali and decided that could be a possibility if I wanted. So, I bought the Denali. I like it so much that now I am trying to decide if I want to mess with the lift. I'm afraid it will mess up the ride quality. Only one way to find out, I guess.

I really don’t like Chrome, so Denali was never an option for me.

AT4 was just as nice as Denali with my truck as it’s optioned (loaded). I also appreciate the extra bit of clearance. And love the aggressive rims and tires the off road performance package got me. Interior is also pretty cool. 

Overall my AT4 already had all the “mods” I would have wanted on the truck right from factory.

• 10 months later...

I got the Denali 6.2 AWD but didn't know anything until I went to the beach and drove by a bunch of trucks that were stuck I even stopped and asked what they were doing because I didn't know. I drove off like nothing and my chic asked why didn't I get stuck too and said maybe it's the AWD it's automatic so nothing catches you off guard. Both of us were impressed. 

I am happy with my Denali. The ride from the suspension is amazing for long trips.

The AWD came in handy when I had to drive though snow. Has as much tech as my wife’s Lexus.

No plans of off-roading it. I have my JL Rubicon for that.

I think the AT4 looks much better, but no complaints from the Denali.